A Million Little Things is an American Family Drama TV series about a group of friends determined and motivated to help one another as life throws its unpredictable and surprising twists on them. It is created by DJ Nash.
A Million Little Things Plot
Friendship is not one vast thing but a million little things indeed which is what this show portrays as this group of friends in Boston bond and get closer to each other through unforeseen situations and circumstances. Some are already successful while still struggling and trying harder in their careers and relationships. Irrespective of that they all feel stuck and frustrated with their lives. Once one of them dies unexpectedly, it acts as a wake-up call to all others to finally make something of their lives as one can never predict when it actually stops. Throughout this journey, they discover how their friends are always there to save each other from their own problems.
They try to solve this mysterious life of the man they thought they knew. Delilah has to be a single mother to their children now and help them move on from their father’s death. Even though her affair with Eddie is no longer there, she is bearing his child but to protect their family they decide to call the baby Jon’s.
As all the friends are preparing to welcome Delilah’s baby into this world, Rome and Regina are in a tiff, they were not eager to have kids when they got married but the afterlife gave them a second chance, Rome wishes to have a baby now but Regina is not too sure about this and in hesitant if she should be making this compromise for the sake of Rome.
Maggie and Gary on discovering Maggie is in remission start living together and finally, get to feel what together feel like. But they face challenges now that they have to adjust to a post-cancer life which is much easier said than done.
Like this, the show continues to assemble and portray the events happening in everyone’s lives in the friend group with every season showing growth and new challenges or twists in each of their lives and how they become each others’ support systems and pillars through each of these changes. We see them find new identities, fall in love, understand all emotions, make new families, and learn all the way along too!
A Million Little Things Season 5 Release Date
A Million Little Things has been praised and appreciated for its way of depicting and creating awareness on different complex issues like mental health. ABC has picked the show up for a fifth season as a result too after it told to not write out the season 4 finale as the series finale to give the show a proper ending later.
The 5th season can most likely be the final season for the show although nothing has been confirmed on that yet. DJ Nash has mentioned he wants the show to end in a very specific manner he has planned already so it may be possible the fifth season concludes the show once and for all now.
We can expect the fifth season to release towards mid-2023.
A Million Little Things Season 5 Cast
- David Giuntoli as Eddie Saville, a musician, music teacher and stay-at-home dad
- Romany Malco as Rome Howard, an aspiring filmmaker
- Allison Miller as Maggie Bloom, a therapist
- Christina Moses as Regina Howard, a chef who wants to open her own restaurant
- Christina Ochoa as Ashley Morales[a] (season 1), Jon’s assistant
- Grace Park as Katherine Kim
- James Roday Rodriguez as Gary Mendez, a friend of Eddie, Jon, and Rome, and a survivor of breast cancer. His birth name is revealed in season 3 to be Javier Mendez Jr.
- Stéphanie Szostak as Delilah Dixon (seasons 1–3; recurring season 4), Jon’s widow and mother of Sophie, Danny and Charlie.
- Tristan Byon as Theo Saville, Eddie and Katherine’s son, and Charlie’s older half-brother
- Lizzy Greene as Sophie Dixon, Jon and Delilah’s oldest child, Danny’s older sister and Charlie’s older half-sister
- Chance Hurstfield as Danny Dixon (season 2–present; recurring season 1), Jon and Delilah’s son, Sophie’s younger brother, and Charlie’s older half-brother
- Floriana Lima as Darcy Cooper (season 3; recurring season 2, 4), Gary’s new love interest,
- Ron Livingston as Jon Dixon (season 1; guest season 2–3)
- Constance Zimmer as Jeri Huntington (season 1), a councilwoman
- Bodhi Sabongui as Elliot (season 1; guest season 2), Danny’s crush and later boyfriend.
- Henderson Wade as Hunter (season 1), Katherine’s co-worker
- Sam Pancake as Carter French, Katherine’s legal assistant
- Drea de Matteo as Barbara Nelson (seasons 1–2), a mysterious woman from Jon’s past
- Chandler Riggs as PJ Nelson (season 2; guest season 1)
- Melora Hardin as Patricia Bloom (season 2; guest season 1), Maggie’s mother
- Rhys Coiro as Mitch Nelson (season 2; guest season 1), Barbara’s husband.
- Jason Ritter as Eric (season 2), a man who claimed to have Maggie’s deceased brother’s heart. He reveals that the heart actually went to his fiancée, who was killed in a car crash that Eric caused.
- Lou Beatty Jr. as Walter Howard (season 2–present; guest season 1), Rome’s father.
- Ebboney Wilson as Eve (season 2)
- Anna Akana as Dakota (season 2; guest season 3)
- Chris Geere as Jamie (season 3), Maggie’s Oxford roommate and friend with benefits
- Mattia Castrillo as Liam (seasons 3–4), a classmate of Theo’s who is Darcy’s son with her ex-husband
- Adam Swain as Tyrell (season 3; guest season 4)
- Andrew Leeds as Peter Benoit (seasons 3–4)
- Karen Robinson as Florence (season 3)
- Terry Chen as Alan (season 3)
- Nikiva Dionne as Shanice Williamson (seasons 3–4)
- Cameron Esposito as Greta Strobe (season 4), Katherine’s former high school best friend and current girlfriend
- Sam Huntington as Tom (seasons 1 and 4)
- Gerald McRaney (season 1) and Paul Guilfoyle (season 2) as Lenny Farache, Delilah’s father and Sophie, Danny, and Charlie’s grandfather who has Alzheimer’s disease
- L. Scott Caldwell as Renee Howard (seasons 1–2), Rome’s mother
- Romy Rosemont as Shelly (seasons 1–3), Regina’s mother
- James Tupper as Andrew Pollock (seasons 1–2), Regina and Delilah’s financial partner in the restaurant
- Tyler Cody as Jake Anderson (seasons 2–3), Sophie’s boyfriend who works at Regina and Delilah’s restaurant
- Marcia Gay Harden as Alice (season 2), Gary’s estranged mother
- Sutton Foster as Chloe (season 2), Eric’s deceased fiancée
- Olivia Steele Falconer as Alex Stewart (season 2), Eddie’s deceased high school girlfriend
- Gerard Plunkett as Joseph Stewart (seasons 2–3), Alex and Colleen’s father
- Betsy Brandt as Colleen (season 2), the sister of Eddie’s deceased high school girlfriend
- Andrea Savage as Dr. Stacy (season 3; voice only seasons 1 and 4) a therapist and radio talk show host
- Paul Rodriguez as Javier Mendez (season 3), Gary’s father
- Ryan Hansen as Camden (season 4), a Boston Bruins player who Maggie is dating
- Azie Tesfai as Cassandra (season 4)
- Mario Van Peebles as Ronald (season 4), Regina’s father