From July through October 2019, White Fox and Asread’s adaptation of Arifureta Season 1 aired. From January to March 2022, a second season produced by Asread and Studio Mother aired. Too early to say yet- but has Arifureta season 3 been confirmed?
The series started as an online novel and has been printed since 2015. The show centres on Hajime Nagumo, who, along with the rest of his class, is sent to another world to take part in a conflict with the demon species. Hajime embarks on a quest to better himself and find a means to go home after being betrayed and left to die by a classmate. Seven Seas Entertainment published the books in print under a licence from J-Novel Club for the English language. Murtaza Burhan translated the light book from Arabic into English. In 2017, a prequel light novel was released.
So, what’s up with Arifureta season 3?
Arifureta Season 3 Release Date
Unfortunately, Asread and Studio Mother have not yet made any formal announcements regarding Arifureta Season 3. Everything, nevertheless, is based on the source material. Even though “Arifureta: From Commonplace to World’s Strongest” hasn’t fully adapted the story from the light novel series, it’s common in the anime industry for dramas to be cancelled because production companies have to wait for more source material to be published before they can begin work on the following season.
After the OVA’s release, some fans believe that Arifureta Season 3 might begin filming this year.
The OVA will be out on September 25, 2022.
Arifureta Season 3 Cast
- Toshinari Fukamachi voices Hajime Nagumo (南雲 ハジメ, Nagumo Hajime); Matt Shipman: is the primary protagonist or figure. A high school otaku kid who travels to another planet with his friends but only learns a real transmutation talent. Hajime utilises his expertise to defend his classmates during the first walk in the Orcus dungeon, only to be betrayed by one of them and hurled down into the dungeon’s depths. After being left for dead and having lost an arm to one of the monsters, he finds a scarce mineral with healing capabilities. This enables him to survive by eating the carcasses of the monsters he kills and gaining their skills, which help him gain strength more quickly. After rescuing Yue and taking control of the dungeon, Hajime discovers why the dungeons were built and why they were given access to its riches. He defeats all seven dungeons to acquire all of the ancient magics and utilise them to return to his home planet. As he struggles to survive and defend others, Hajime becomes cruel and cynical over time. Still, as he interacts with the other team members, he shows signs of his former generosity. Hajime also developed into a self-taught master blacksmith during his stay in the Orcus Dungeon, forging strong alchemical equipment, vehicles, and even water containers for himself and his group to utilise. He works as a synergist.
- Yue (ユエ, Yue) voiced by Yūki Kuwahara; Tia Ballard: A vampire princess who was betrayed and imprisoned by her uncle and retainers in the depths of Oscar Orcus’ Labyrinth for 300 years before Hajime found her and used his transmutation ability to set her free. She is a magical genius adept in all elemental magic forms. She also has automatic regeneration, which prevents ageing and speeds up the healing of wounds. She and Hajime fell in love, and she became his first friend. When other females approach Hajime, Yue doesn’t seem envious; instead, she declares herself to be his first and legal wife. It quickly becomes clear that she was deceived to prevent her from becoming a conduit for the fallen God Ehit because of her immense ability. When she embarks on Hajime’s adventure, her job class is Divine Priestess.
- Shea Haulia (シア・ハウリア, Shia Hauria) voiced by Minami Takahashi; Amanda Lee: a rabbit girl that Yue and Hajime meet. Her power to predict the future sets her apart from the rest of her tribe, forcing them to flee their native country along with her. In battle, she wields a sledgehammer called Drucken, one of Hajime’s specially crafted weapons, and has superhuman power. Additionally, she falls in love with Hajime when he aids her community and pursues him obstinately, which Hajime occasionally finds unpleasant. Despite Yue being Shea’s romantic competition for Hajime, the two are also growing closer than sisters. She belongs to the Diviner job class since she can predict the future.
- Tio Klarus (ティオ・クラルス, Tio Kurarusu) voiced by Yōko Hikasa; Morgan Garrett: Tio is a pervert in both physical and emotional aspects, yet she is honest, and her speech patterns are reminiscent of ancient myths. Her terrible treatment by Hajime following her defeat by him and his allies is the cause of her perverse and masochistic attitude. After he saved her from Shimizu’s mind control abilities and addressed Hajime as “Master,” she gave herself to him and became his slave. Tio’s ancestral tribe was the dragon-born. In the hopes that their daughter may one day meet the individual who can genuinely defeat the god, her parents gave their lives in the battle against him centuries ago. Even Hajime’s party assaults could barely break the dragon’s scales because of her powerful magic and resistance, especially when she transforms into a dragon. She is 563 years old, and Yue at first showed respect for her. Her “watermelon” chests and golden eyes are those of a lady in her 20s. Her dragon form is a few metres long with black dragon scales and golden eyes. Her line of work is Guardian.
- Kaori Shirasaki (白崎 香織, Shirasaki Kaori) voiced by Saori Ōnishi; Skyler McIntosh: One of Hajime’s classmates who is revered by the class. She was the only one who actively engaged Hajime in the discussion, going so far as to investigate manga, anime, and even eroge. However, Kaori was the only person who did not think Hajime had died; she only became aware of her sentiments after Hajime had fallen into the abyss. She was terrified when she saw how brutal Hajime had turned out to be. Still, she ultimately conquered her fear and declared her love, accompanying him on his quest and frequently vying with Yue and the others for his attention. After being relocated to a different universe, she now belongs to the job class of Healer.
- Shizuku Yaegashi (八重樫 雫, Yaegashi Shizuku) voiced by Yumiri Hanamori; Kate Bristol: She was Koki’s childhood pal as well as Kaori’s best friend. She is a dedicated, compassionate, and gentle young woman who enjoys practising kendo. She has a razor-sharp mind and can typically assimilate information without much explanation. She is one of her students who is the most practical and speaks as the voice of caution and reason rather than jumping in without thinking like her peers. Although she is regarded as a sophisticated beauty, she also has a secret girly side and enjoys fascinating things. Shizuku afterwards received one of Hajime’s masterpieces as her new blade, and a black Kissaki Moroha Zukuri Shirasaya Katana crafted of the hardest mineral of Azanthium that allowed her to exploit her samurai swordsmanship skills fully. She is a Swordmaster by profession.
Arifureta Season 3 Plot
Hajime Nagumo, a high school student, is taunted by a classmate because of his friendship with Kaori, the group’s idol. Hajime only acquires the real alchemical magic to convert solid materials, an ordinary skill often seen among artisans and smiths. At the same time, the rest of his classmates all get extraordinary magical powers when he and the rest of his class are transferred to a fantasy realm. He is abandoned at the bottom of the dungeon after one of his classmates betrays him during a dungeon raid.
He makes weapons after surviving the fall to get out of the dungeon and grow stronger. He encounters the imprisoned vampire Yue along the way. Later, Shea, the bunny-eared dragon Tio, and others join him.
Arifureta Season 3 Where to Watch
Also Read: Where Is Woori The Virgin Filmed?