Barry is an American Dark Comedy that has received immense critical acclaim and applauded for its unique storyline, character arcs, humor style, and of course, Bill Hader’s mind-blowing performance. The show has been nominated as well as won a number of awards including the Emmys.
The show revolves around a hitman from the Midwest who shifts to Los Angeles and gets into the city’s theatre arts scene. Deluded by the thought of taking down another “mark”, shattered hitman, Barry Berkman finds a way out. He reluctantly travels to Los Angeles to shoot and kill an actor in an affair with a mobster’s wife, but he has no idea about how the City of Angels might turn out to be his sanctuary.
He stalks his target and follows him to his acting classes where he gets attracted to the community there, to all those eager people, particularly the extremely dedicated and hardworking student, Sally, with who he becomes very affectionate.
Barry now wants to start afresh as an actor but his handler, Fuches, has made separate and much different plans for him. Meanwhile, the hitman, his target’s criminal records, and his past do not allow him to walk past everything so easily either!
Barry Season 4 Release Date and Updates
Barry Season 4 is expected to be announced very soon. Most reports say the season is currently under development and in work already. It is also heard from some sources that the fourth season will be written by Berg and Hadar, where Hadar would direct all the episodes too!
So with the reports being pretty confident about the fourth season’s renewal unless the recently released third season drowns in rankings, it is very much happening, and with all the buzz around the long-awaited season that seems very unlikely as well.
There is no such word on the possible release date of season 4 though, all we can hope is to not go through the long wait and anticipation for three years again!
Barry Season 4 Cast
- Bill Hader as Barry Berkman / Barry Block, a depressed Marine turned low-level hitman.
- Stephen Root as Monroe Fuches, an old family friend of Barry.
- Sarah Goldberg as Sally Reed, an aspiring and talented but struggling actress in Barry’s acting class.
- Glenn Fleshler as Goran Pazar (season 1), the leader of the Chechen mafia.
- Anthony Carrigan as NoHo Hank, an effusively positive and naive member of the Chechen mafia.
- Henry Winkler as Gene Cousineau, an eccentric acting coach and Barry’s mentor.
- Sarah Burns as Detective Mae Dunn (season 3; recurring season 2),
- Paula Newsome as Detective Janice Moss (season 1), a police officer investigating the murder of Ryan Madison.
- Michael Irby as Cristobal Sifuentes, the leader of the Bolivian mafia
- D’Arcy Carden as Natalie Greer, an actress and Sally’s friend.
- Darrell Britt-Gibson as Jermaine Jefrint, an actor in Cousineau’s acting class who is one of Barry’s roommates
- Andy Carey as Eric, an actor in Cousineau’s class
- Alejandro Furth as Antonio Manuel, a Puerto Rican actor in Cousineau’s class
- John Pirruccello as Detective John Loach, Moss’s perpetually depressed partner (seasons 1–2)
- Rightor Doyle as Nick Nicholby, a flamboyantly gay actor in Cousineau’s class who is one of Barry’s roommates
- Mark Ivanir as Vacha / Ruslan (season 1)
- Dale Pavinski as Taylor Garrett (season 1), a former soldier and one of Chris’ friends
- Marcus Brown as Vaughn (season 1), a former soldier and Chris and Taylor’s friend
- Robert Curtis Brown as Mike Hallman (season 1), a talent agent who helps Sally book acting auditions
- Cameron Britton as Simmer (season 1)
- Chris Marquette as Chris Lucado (season 1), a former Marine logistics officer and one of Barry’s only friends
- Karen David as Sharon Lucado (season 1), Chris’ wife
- Jessy Hodges as Lindsay Mandel (seasons 2–3), Sally’s agent
- Nikita Bogolyubov as Mayrbek (season 2), a star pupil of the new Chechen army and Barry’s protégé, earning him the nickname “Baby Barry”
- Troy Caylak as Akhmal (seasons 2–3), a member of the Chechen mafia who often serves as Hank’s right-hand man
- Nick Gracer as Yandal (seasons 2–3), a member of the Chechen mafia
- James Hiroyuki Liao as Albert Nguyen (season 2), a Marine who served alongside Barry
- Andrew Leeds as Leo Cousineau (seasons 2–3), Gene’s estranged son and an organic farmer
- Patricia Fa’asua as Esther (season 2), the Burmese gang leader
- JB Blanc as Batir (seasons 2–3), a Chechen mobster in Hank’s employ
- Elizabeth Perkins as Diane Villa (season 3), a major TV producer
- Elsie Fisher as Katie (season 3), a teenage actress playing the role of Chloe in Sally’s TV series Joplin
- Miguel Sandoval as Fernando (season 3), the head of the Bolivian mafia and Cristobal’s father-in-law
- Eli Michael Kaplan as Gordon Cousineau (season 3), Gene’s grandson and Leo’s son
- Tyler Jacob Moore as Ryan Madison, an actor in Gene’s class that Barry is hired to kill (“Chapter One: Make Your Mark”)
- Melissa Villaseñor as a diner waitress aspiring to be an actress (“Chapter One: Make Your Mark”)
- Larry Hankin as Stovka, a renowned Chechen assassin (“Chapter Three: Make the Unsafe Choice”)
- Jon Hamm as himself (“Chapter Four: Commit…To You”)
- Michael Beach as Police Detective (“The Power of No”)
- Patrick Fabian as Space Dad (“The Power of No”)
- Sam Ingraffia as Thomas Friedman (“Past = Present x Future Over Yesterday”)
- Daniel Bernhardt as Ronny Proxin, a deadly mixed martial artist that Barry is hired to kill (“ronny/lily”)
- Jessie Giacomazzi as Lily Proxin, Ronny’s daughter who is also skilled in martial arts (“ronny/lily”)
- Jay Roach as himself (“The Audition”)
- Allison Jones as herself (“The Audition”, “limonada”)
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar as himself, the star of Laws of Humanity (“ben mendelsohn”)
- Annabeth Gish as the widow of one of Barry’s victims (“all the sauces”)
- Fred Melamed as Tom Posorro, Gene’s agent (“all the sauces”)
- Joe Mantegna as himself (“all the sauces”)