Darwin’s Game season 2 is in the talks. The first season of the program premiered in 2020 and concluded in March of the same year.
Particularly after Darwin’s Game Season 1 left all the signs towards the prospect of having a next, fans couldn’t wait for another season. For admirers who are now searching for answers, it has been a long wait.
But no matter how much fun that type of game is to play, at least here in the real world, people just can’t get enough of watching it. And now that Netflix has decided to carry the program, this is everything we currently know about “Darwin’s Game’s” probable second season.
Darwin’s Game Season 2 Release Date
On November 8, 2018, the 16th volume of the manga revealed that an anime television series adaptation will be released. Character designs are by Kazuya Nakanishi, and the series is directed by Yoshinobu Tokumoto and written by Shu Miyama, one-half of the FLIPFLOPs writing team. The soundtrack for the series is written by Kenichiro Suehiro. From January 3 through March 20, 2020, the show was shown.
Sadly, Studio Nexus has not said if a second season of “Darwin’s Game” will air. There hasn’t been any information on the series since it first aired in the spring of 2020. The same year, Netflix decided to stream the series on its site. There is no information on whether this has increased the show’s popularity enough to warrant a second season from Studio Nexus, though.
Darwin’s Game Season 2 Cast
- Kaname Sudō (須藤 要, Sudō Kaname) voiced by Yūsuke Kobayashi; Stephen Fu: The main character is a 17-year-old high school student who, as a result of the deaths of his pals, unintentionally gets drawn into Darwin’s Game. His sigil, “The Fire God’s Hammer,” enables him to change and reproduce basic objects that he has touched in the past, including weapons, but it quickly wears him out, and the things he creates will vanish if he loses consciousness. Despite the brutality of the game, Kaname has a kind heart and strives to avoid killing until absolutely necessary. Without ever losing, his knowledge, reason, and capacity to respond to events have helped him rise to the top of Darwin’s Game. He founded and oversees the clan Sunset Ravens, whose realm is in Shibuya, together with Shuka.
- Shuka Karino (狩野 朱歌, Karino Shuka) is voiced by Reina Ueda; Alexis Tipton: a 17-year-old girl from a wealthy household and the female protagonist of the narrative. She was deceived into playing Darwin’s Game by a girl named Miho, found out about it, and killed Miho and her parents’ killer after seeing their murder by Darwin’s Game player. Later, she develops into Kaname’s primary love interest. She can manipulate wire-like items thanks to her Sigil “Princess of Thorn,” which she uses to wield spiky chains. She was known as the “Undefeated Queen” who terrorized the Roppongi district because of her agility and proficiency with a weapon and her cruelty. They founded the Sunset Ravens clan with Kaname.
- Rein Kashiwagi (柏木 鈴音, Kashiwagi Rein) is voiced by Nichika Ōmori; Tia Ballard: a 13-year-old middle schooler who serves as a snitch for Darwin’s Game participants. Many players appreciate her despite her young age because of her superior intellect, maturity, and ability to maintain composure. She can compute physical vectors and information thanks to her Sigil “Laplace’s Demon,” which also gives her the power to visualize the near future. However, her talent may be circumvented by moving in ways that defy physical restrictions and common wisdom. She typically prefers to flee, but when she combines her skill with a sniper’s weaponry, she can fight. She works alongside Kaname to decipher the game’s encryption after joining Sunset Ravens.
- Ryūji Maesaka (前坂 隆二, Maesaka Ryūji) voiced by Taku Yashiro; Jarrod Greene: a man of 21 years old who, while participating in an event, originally hated Kaname but later became friends. He can basically tell if someone is lying or not because of his Sigil “Lie Detector,” but it is ineffective if the other person honestly believes what they are saying or is just being dumb. He battles using armored outfits, masks, and a lot of weaponry because his Sigil doesn’t provide him with any fighting abilities. He first entered the game with his brother in order to get money, but after his brother was slain by Wang of the Eighth clan, he altered his objective to exact revenge on Wang. He joined the Sunset Ravens and frequently appears with Sui.
- Sui/Sōta (スイ/ソータ) voiced by Yumiri Hanamori; Brittany Lauda: the eldest Sunset Raven with a split personality since her body still contains the spirit of her deceased elder twin brother Sta. Sta is angry, ferocious, and outspoken, in contrast to Sui’s introversion, shyness, and tenderness. The twins get along well despite their differences and regularly trade souls to use each other’s respective Sigils. While Sta’s sigil, “Castor Light,” enables him to freeze things, he uses it in concert with his sister’s to murder, Sui’s sigil, “Pollux Light,” enables her to manipulate water, even that found within living things but not rapidly.
- Liu Xuelan (劉 雪蘭) voiced by Ai Kayano; Katelyn Barr: a hired killer and the top player in Darwin’s Game. Xuelan, who comes from a clan of Taiwanese assassins, battles while wearing a kitsune mask and mostly uses her assassin skills rather than her Sigil, which is a secret to every player in the game. She is well-known for her trademark move, “Killing Intent,” which she uses to psychologically prepare her opponents for a katana attack. She joins Sunset Ravens after losing a clan fight to them and initially tries to persuade Kaname to become the heir to her clan after seeing his powers.
- Ichiro Hiiragi (ヒイラギ イチロウ, Hiiragi Ichirō) voiced by Takehito Koyasu; Chris Wehkamp: a middle-aged guy who, while participating in an event, was initially at odds with Kaname then joined forces with them to fight Wang and the Eighth. Due to his Sigil’s power to manipulate plants, he is known as “The Florist.” He can even use plants with narcotic characteristics to influence other people if they are unconscious. Since his Sigil grants him the ability to engage in long-distance battle, he frequently sets up camp far from the action, making sure, though, that he can see his adversaries. He signed up for Darwin’s Game in order to make money to support his ill daughter Suzune. He is killed by members of the Eighth during the treasure hunt activity.
Darwin’s Game Season 2 Plot
Kaname Sud, a 17-year-old sophomore in high school, accepts a friend’s online invitation to play Darwin’s Game on an app, not realizing that it entails a struggle for life or death. Each player receives a unique skill known as a Sigil, which they can use to play the game. Kaname decides to end the game and find and kill the Game Master after becoming trapped in this endless game of killing and conquering.