Dragonar Academy is a Japanese novel show that has been adapted into an English book series. In terms of style, the show is characterised as fantasy, romantic comedy, and harem. Shiki Mizuchi wrote the manga, which was released in Japan by Media Factory. The anime version of the anime, directed by Shunsuke Tada and Tomoyuki Kurokawa, was written by Noburu Kimura. The production was overseen by Ryoji Maru. According to the network, the anime version premiered on April 5, 2014, and finished on June 21, 2014.
Fans have been waiting for the comeback of their beloved programme for years. Dragonar Academy Season 2 is still in high demand, despite the fact that the previous season had a modest following. However, the chances of its reappearance are dwindling with each passing year. As a result, here’s a rundown of everything you need to know about the anime.
Table of Contents
Dragonar Academy Season 2 Chance of Return
Despite the fact that the anime was reasonably successful among the general public, C-Station has not renewed it for a second season. One of the primary causes is most likely the performance of the initial season. Critics and a section of the anime’s viewers gave the anime a slightly below-average rating. Furthermore, its disc sales (DVDs and Blu-Ray) were dismal (compared to an average anime).
Seikoku no Dragonar’s light novel and manga series, on the other hand, ceased years ago. While the LN series was completed after 20 volumes by late 2015, the manga adaptation only lasted for 15 volumes after 2016. As a result, Dragonar Academy Season 2 has no material to advertise.
A significant portion of the anime business is reliant on the continuity of its source material. When the original content finishes, the anime adaptations are usually discontinued as well. As a result, the sequel may not be released unless there is a compelling cause.
Don’t lose hope tough: Shows with high potential now have a higher chance of returning. As a result, Dragonar Academy Season 2 will only survive if another company finds economic potential in its plot and properties. In this situation, Seikoku no Dragonar has considerable promise, but it lacks audience backing. Thus, if you want to protect the series from being cancelled, continue to support it and demand it from C-Station and other creators. A large number of fans have already signed petitions in favour of the sequel.
Dragonar Academy Plot
Breeders are humans who nurture and train their Pals (スティード, lit.) steed on the continent of Arc Strada. Dragons are linked to Breeders by a mystical relationship known as the Astral Flow. Breeders that are recognised worthy and marked with a Seikoku (西谷義, lit. Star Brand) are able to produce dragon races. At the Orphan Rite, the Mother Dragon abducted him at an early age. Breeders can advance to nobility by assisting their Pal in becoming a Maestro, or Holy Dragon.
Most students at Ansarivan Dragonar Academy find it easy to learn to ride and manage dragons, except for Ash Blake, a first-year student dubbed the “problem kid” by his peers. Despite Ash’s extremely huge seikoku, which indicates he would be a future dragon master, his Pal has never arrived until now. Ash’s dragon appears when challenging a fellow student, Princess Silvia Lautreamont, to a dragon race, but in a form unlike any dragon ever seen before—a lovely female. Ash calls her ′′Eco′′ and quickly learns that this new dragon has plenty of attitudes, as she swiftly reminds him that she is the boss and he is her servant. Ash’s issues with dragon riding are just getting started.
Dragonar Academy Cast and Characters
- Ash Blake (アッシュ・ブレイク, Asshu Bureiku) Voiced by Kōji Takahashi (Drama CD/Anime); Aaron Dismuke (English)- A 16-year-old academy student whose dragon Pal has yet to awaken. He is recognised as a problem child because of his tendency to retaliate aggressively in response to any perceived insult to his yet-to-be-born dragon. Despite his bad reputation, he possesses a remarkable talent—a phenomena known as Chalice, which allows him to ride other people’s dragons, making him the only human (apart from his sister, Linda) who can do so. He had no desire to become a Breeder as a youngster, but he met Silvia Lautreamont, who was motivated to become a Breeder, by happenstance during the Orphan Rite and supported her in locating the Mother Dragon.
- Eco (エーコ, Ēko) Voiced by Mariya Ise (Drama CD/Anime); Lara Woodhull (English)- Eco is a one-of-a-kind dragon Pal who takes on the appearance of a female human. Despite her increasing feelings for Ash, she treats him as if he were a servant, to to his dismay. Eco is aware that Ash is her master and that she is the “pet” (as she refers to herself), but she refuses to acknowledge it out of pride. She also believes that if she submits, she would be reduced to the status of a “tamed pet” who will never be loved as anything more than a pet, which is not the sort of love she seeks from Ash.
- Silvia Lautreamont (シルヴィア・ロートレアモン, Shiruvia Rōtoreamon) Voiced by Ayane Sakura (Drama CD/Anime); Elizabeth Parker (English)- Fourth Lautreamont Knight Family princess and Dragonar Lancelot, a white Maestro Dragon, is her companion. It is revealed that she was not intended to become a Dragonar, but she did when Ash relinquished Lancelot to her at the Orphan Rite when the two of them met as youngsters. Neither of them recalls the encounter or the events that followed. Silvia quickly joins the student council, where she is in charge of public morality. Her elder sister frightens her to death.
- Rebecca Randall (レベッカ・ランドール, Rebekka Randōru) Voiced by Marina Inoue (Drama CD/Anime); Alexis Tipton (English)- Third-year student and student council president. Her dragon Pal is a Maestro named Cú Chulainn. She is a powerful Arch Dragonar armor-user capable of summoning an unstoppable spear named Gae Bulg.
- Raymond Kirkland (レイモン・カークランド, Reimon Kākurando) Voiced by Tomoaki Maeno (Drama CD/Anime); Austin Tindle (English)- Ash’s friend and a self-proclaimed “ladies’ man”. His Pal is an Earth Dragon named Brigid. He, Ash, and Maximilian have known each other for a long time and were once roommates when they were younger.
- Jessica Valentine (ジェシカ・ヴァレンタイン, Jeshika Varentain) Voiced by Kana Hanazawa (Anime) (Japanese); Skyler McIntosh (English)- Rebecca’s childhood friend who sees her as her rival. Although Jessica acts like she’s from nobility, the truth is the Valentine family have been servants of the Randall family for generations, and Rebecca threatens to expose her whenever she causes trouble.
- Lukka Saarinen (ルッカ・サーリネン, Rukka Sārinen) Voiced by Asuka Ōgame (Anime) (Japanese); Bryn Apprill (English)- The student council secretary. An Eckbald or elf of the forest, Lukka is the youngest person to ever become a Dragonar. Her Pal is a Maestro Dragon named Gawain. After an accident where she fell off Gawain, she developed a fear of riding her dragon.
- Maximillian Russell (マクシミリアン・ラッセル, Makushimirian Rasseru) Voiced by: Genki Muro (Drama CD/Anime); Derick Snow (English)- The student council treasurer. Maximillian’s Pal is a Wyvern named Airanlot. He is known to be a clean freak and does not tolerate any kind of untidiness. He, Ash, and Raymond have known each other for a long time and were once roommates in their earlier school years.
- Oscar Brailsford (オスカー・ブレイスフォード, Osukā Bureisufōdo)- The student council vice president who is a girl masquerading as a boy and is often absent from school lectures and activities. According to Rebecca, Oscar’s skills as a Dragonar are exceptional.
- Linda Blake (リンダ・ブレイク, Rinda Bureiku)- Ash’s younger sister. Like her older brother Ash, Linda is able to ride any dragon. Her Pal, Percival is the reincarnation of the Mother Dragon. Originally, Eco was intended to be Linda’s Pal but instead was given to Ash because he had given Lancelot to Silvia.
This is the main cast list.
As of now, this is all we know. Stay tuned for more!