Homeland is an American suspenseful thriller tv show produced by Howard Gordon and Alex Gansa based on Gideon Raff’s Israeli series Prisoners of War, who also acts as an executive producer for Homeland. Claire Danes play Carrie Mathison, a CIA operative with mental illness, and Damien Lewis plays Marine Corps Scout Sniper Nicholas Brody. Brody was imprisoned as a prisoner of war by al-Qaeda, and Mathison becomes persuaded that he was “converted” by the enemy and constitutes a threat to the US. The series’ plot develops from this idea, as does Mathison’s constant undercover activity.
Homeland has eight seasons and has been on the air since October 2, 2011. The most recent season concluded on April 26, 2020. Here’s all you need to know about Homeland season 9!
Table of Contents
Will there be a Homeland Season 9?
Homeland’s eighth and final season, which premiered on Showtime and Channel 4, drew the drama to a terrible end. Since its premiere in 2011, both viewers and media have lauded the series.
Former US President Barack Obama, along with former First Lady and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, are superfans. Homeland captivates audiences with its compelling storytelling, counter-terrorist operations, high-precision terrorism detection, and outstanding cinematography and drone work.
Alexandra Gansa, the series’ executive producer, has, unfortunately, announced the cancellation. The decision was made shortly after the fifth season of the drama ended. The series was not cancelled; rather, it was brought to a reasonable end.
Why was Homeland Season 9 Cancelled?
The decision to cancel Homeland season 9 was taken shortly after the conclusion of Homeland season 5.
People found it difficult to accept that ‘Homeland’ would be ending following season 8, there was much uncertainty about the decision. Doubts were quickly dispelled when Claire Danes revealed that ‘Homeland’ had been canceled. In a radio show with Howard Stern, Danes said flatly, “Yeah, that’s it,” when asked if season 8 marked the end of the crime thriller. ‘Homeland’ Season 8 had to deal with several setbacks before finally airing.
Alex Gansa, the showrunner, had previously stated in an interview well before the concluding announcement that he was toying with the notion of season 8 being the concluding one in the series.
Nonetheless, the news that the Showtime drama had been terminated in an unexpected and sudden way hit Homeland viewers in the stomach.
Homeland Season 9 Cast and Characters
There’s almost TOO much to talk about here- the show ran for YEARS, and that makes it difficult to list every single member of the cast. So, here’s a list of all the mains:
- Claire Danes as Carrie Mathison, a CIA case officer assigned to the Counterterrorism Center.
- Damian Lewis as Nicholas Brody, a Congressman and retired U.S. Marine Gunnery Sergeant (formerly Sergeant) who is rescued by Delta Force.
- Morena Baccarin as Jessica Brody, Brody’s wife. Assuming her husband is dead, she has a relationship with Mike.
- David Harewood as David Estes, the director of the CIA’s Counter-terrorism Center and Carrie’s boss. The two have a tumultuous relationship.
- Diego Klattenhoff as Mike Faber, a U.S. Marine Major. Assuming Brody is dead, begins a relationship with Jessica.
- Jackson Pace as Chris Brody, Brody’s son.
- Morgan Saylor as Dana Brody, Brody’s daughter.
- Mandy Patinkin as Saul Berenson, Carrie’s mentor.
- Jamey Sheridan as William Walden, Vice President of the United States and a former director of the CIA.
- David Marciano as Virgil Piotrowski, a freelance surveillance expert.
- Navid Negahban as Abu Nazir, a high-ranking member of al-Qaeda.
- Rupert Friend as Peter Quinn, a CIA operative and assassin.
- Sarita Choudhury as Mira Berenson, Saul’s wife.
- Tracy Letts as Senator Andrew Lockhart, later assumes the role of Director of the CIA.
- F. Murray Abraham as Dar Adal, a black ops specialist.
- Nazanin Boniadi as Fara Sherazi, a Muslim CIA analyst.
- Laila Robins as Martha Boyd, the United States ambassador to Pakistan.
- Sebastian Koch as Otto Düring, a German philanthropist and Carrie’s boss.
- Miranda Otto as Alison Carr, the current Berlin Chief of Station, working directly for Saul Berenson.
- Alexander Fehling as Jonas Hollander, legal counsel for the Düring Foundation and Carrie’s boyfriend.
- Sarah Sokolovic as Laura Sutton, an American journalist in Berlin, who works for the Düring Foundation.
- Elizabeth Marvel as Elizabeth Keane, a junior senator from New York, elected President of the United States.
- Maury Sterling as Max Piotrowski, Virgil’s brother, and a freelance surveillance expert.
- Linus Roache as David Wellington, White House Chief of Staff to President Keane.
- Jake Weber as Brett O’Keefe, a right-wing media personality.
- Morgan Spector as Dante Allen, an old friend of Carrie’s who is looking into the hundreds of people President Keane has detained.
- Costa Ronin as Lieutenant Colonel Yevgeny Gromov, a Russian GRU Senior Operations Officer.
- Nimrat Kaur as Tasneem Qureishi, a member of Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence.
- Numan Acar as Haissam Haqqani, a high-priority target and Taliban leader.
Homeland Story So Far
Carrie Mathison, a CIA operations officer, is relocated to the CIA’s Counterterrorism Center in Langley, Virginia after conducting an unlawful mission in Iraq. Nicholas Brody, a US Marine Sergeant reported missing in combat since 2003, is recovered from terrorist Abu Nazir’s camp. Brody is hailed as a war hero, but Carrie suspects him of plotting a terrorist strike on the United States.
Carrie is recruited for an information collecting operation in Beirut while on leave from the CIA. Brody solidifies his status as a prospective running partner for Vice President Walden while still under Abu Nazir’s authority.
Brody departed the nation in the aftermath of the terrorist attack on Langley. Carrie is working hard to clear his name. Saul Berenson’s plan targets Majid Javadi, the Iranian intelligence official who funded the Langley attack. Carrie is the CIA station chief in Kabul, Afghanistan, and later in Islamabad, Pakistan. She is in charge of a failed drone strike on the presumed location of terrorist mastermind Haissam Haqqani, which generates internal squabbles within the CIA and enrage the terrorist.
Carrie enlists the help of a young asset to hunt down Haqqani. An angry American’s information to the Pakistanis has fatal consequences. Carrie is now working as the head of security for a private charity foundation and its billionaire owner in Berlin, Germany, two years later.
Carrie has returned to Brooklyn some months after the previous season. She currently works for an organization that helps Muslims in the United States. The season takes place between election day and inauguration day and involves the election of the first female president. Carrie has left the White House and returned to D.C. to live with her sister Maggie. She challenges the Keane government to free 200 members of the intelligence community who were detained on President Keane’s instructions.
Saul, now President Warner’s National Security Advisor, is dispatched to Afghanistan to engage the Taliban in peace talks. He needs assistance from Carrie, who is recuperating from her incarceration in a Russian jail.
Where to Watch Homeland?
The previous season of Homeland can be watched on Hulu. Stay Tuned for More information on upcoming seasons.
Also Read: The Beast Must Die Season 2