How Heavy Are The Dumbbells You Lift Season 2 is the second season of How Heavy Are The Dumbbells You Lift Season 2, the anime adaptation of the Japanese manga series ‘How Heavy Are The Dumbbells You Lift’ written by Yabako Sandrovich. The manga series has 15 volumes and was published on Shogakukan’s Ura Sunday website and MangaONE app in 2016. The manga was turned into an anime in the year 2019.
How Heavy Are The Dumbbells You Lift Season 2 Release Date Updates
The anime adaptation of the manga series by Doga Kobo not only attracted anime lovers but also gave manga lovers something more to imagine. The first season of the anime was released on July 3, 2019, and it has a total of 12 episodes. The anime was written by Fumihiko Shimo and directed by Mitsue Yamazaki. The story centers on Hibiki Sakura who is too fat for her age and decides to lose weight. But it becomes more difficult for her when she falls in love with the Gym trainer. The final episode of the anime was released on September 18, 2019.
It’s been 3 years since the release of the first season, and even now the audience is waiting for any updates regarding Season 2 of the anime. People who watched the first season know that there is enough material for coming up with season 2 but till now there are no updates relating to it. The creators have neither given any hints nor any confirmation regarding season 2. Though we know season 2 is not a sure thing, let’s wait and hope for the best. If we are lucky enough, we can expect the release sooner or later.
How Heavy Are The Dumbbells You Lift Voice Artists And Characters
The main characters are:
- Hibiki Sakura is voiced by Fairouz Ai (Japanese), and Madeleine Morris(English). A second-year high school student who gets anxious about her weight and joins the Silverman Gym to become slim.
- Akemi Soryuin is voiced by Sora Amamiya (Japanese) and Sarah Wiedenheft (English). A second-year high school student who is also a student president. She belongs to the same class as Hibiki. Unlike Hibiki, she is fit and feminine and never leaves a chance to flaunt her beauty.
- Ayaka Uehara is voiced by Shizuka Ishigami (Japanese) and Morgan Garrett (English). She is Hibiki’s best friend, who belongs to the same class as Hibiki. Her father is a pro boxer, so since childhood, she has been trained to be fit, which is the reason for her good physical condition. Like her father, she is also a good boxer in her training gym.
- Gina Boyd is voiced by Nao Tōyama(Japanese) and Alexis Tipton(English). A member of Silver Gym. She loses to Hibiki after an arm-wrestling, which creates rivalry between both. She shifts to the same school where Hibiki goes and even stays in Hibiki’s house without her permission.
- Satomi Tachibana is voiced by Yui Horie(Japanese) and Leah Clark (English). A history teacher at Koyo Women’s Academy, and also a famous cosplayer.
- Naruzo Machio is voiced by Kaito Ishikawa(Japanese) and Stephen Fu(English). A gym trainer at Silverman Gym, whom Hibiki falls head over heels for at first sight.
How Heavy Are The Dumbbells You Lift Plot
The story centers around Hibiki Sakura who is a second-year high school student. She has a very huge appetite, which is the reason she is too fat when compared with the girls of her age. This thought never struck her until everyone around her started to judge her and tease her because of her weight. She got too anxious about her weight and promised herself that she will lose weight. This serious decision made her follow a proper diet, and she joined the Silverman Gym to become slim. Surprisingly, at the gym, she sees her classmate Akemi Soryuin. She is the most beautiful and the meanest girl in her class.
Unlike Hibiki, she is fit and has a shape that any man will fall for. Hibiki was quite surprised, not shocked, to be honest, to see Akemi in the gym. Then she realized that Akemi does all this to maintain her figure. This motivates her to start her gym training soon. But her unhealthy eating habits to date have made the training sessions more difficult for her. After training, she gets more tired and hungry, which urges her to eat more. Even after going to the gym, she starts gaining weight. That’s when her gym friend Machio advises her to maintain a proper diet.
Ayaka is Hibiki’s best friend and movie partner. Once they were watching a movie at Ayaka’s place, Ayaka’s sister Nana asked for Hibiki’s help with something. That’s when Hibiki notices the boxing room at Ayaka’s place. When Nana forces Hibiki to punch the boxing bag, she punches it and to her surprise, it breaks and falls down. After that, she goes to the gym, and she notices her trainer Machio and falls head over heels for him. This motivates her to do workouts even more properly. In the struggle to reduce her weight, she eventually figures out the hidden talent in her. She has the ability and physique for combat sports. This changes her life completely.
Where To Watch, ‘How Heavy Are The Dumbbells You Lift?’
The anime ‘How Heavy Are The Dumbbells You Lift’ is available to be watched on Netflix.