Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce) is a South Korean television series often termed in English meaning Marriage Lyrics and Divorce Music.
Table of Contents
Love ft. Marriage and Divorce Plot
The show focuses on the lives of three different women and the bad luck they all individually face and how their respective significant others try to share the pain with them and go through these enduring times.
30s Boo Hye-Ryung used to formerly be an announcer and now has a profession of a Radio DJ. She tries to keep a balance between her personal and professional life for herself and her husband who works as a judge. They have been married for three years and do not wish to be parents.
40’s Sa Pi-Young is a radio program producer. She is very efficient and competent in her job. At the same time, she fulfills her duties as a mother and as a wife diligently and aces in it all. Her husband works in the clinic as a doctor in neuropsychiatry and is a romantic at heart.
50’s Lee Si-Eun works as the main writer of the radio program. Throughout 30 years of her marriage, she has gone through many struggles and endured a lot of lows in terms of tackling her job and at the same time maintaining her household and taking care of her husband and child. Her love and support encouraged her husband to be a successful professor.
The show continues to interweave the stories of these three families throughout the three seasons released now.
Will there be a Love ft. Marriage and Divorce Season 4?
As of now, the show has not been officially renewed for a season 4 and there has been no confirmation on an upcoming season at the time of its writing. The show receives immensely positive ratings and is a fan favorite so it will be interesting to see a new season and fans are quite hopeful about it.
This year, the show topped out with a national rating of 9.1 percent in spite of a highly busy weekend schedule for TV Chosun’s programming and it is still the network’s highest-rated drama. Keeping this in mind, the show has good chance of getting a fourth season.
However, with the Covid-19 situation getting worse and the cast getting affected by it as well, a potential season 4 would take time to hit the screen.
Love ft. Marriage and Divorce Season 4 Cast
- Sung Hoon (season 1-2), Kang Shin-hyo (season 3) as Pan Sa-hyeon, a lawyer
- Lee Tae-gon (season 1-2), Gee Young-san (season 3) as Shin Yu-shin, a psychiatrist
- Park Joo-mi as Sa Pi-young, Yu-shin’s wife, a producer of the radio show.
- Lee Ga-ryeong as Boo Hye-ryung, Sa-hyeon’s wife, the radio show host.
- Lee Min-young as Song Won, a Chinese translator and the mistress of Sa-hyeon.
- Jeon Soo-kyeong as Lee Si-eun, a writer of the radio show
- Jeon No-min as Park Hae-ryun, Si-eun’s husband, a professor of Department of Theater.
- Moon Sung-ho as Seo Ban, an engineer of the radio show, Pi-young, Hye-ryung and Si-eun’s colleague. (season 2-3; recurring season 1)
- Bu Bae as Seo Dong-ma, Ban’s younger brother, Ga-bin’s ex-boyfriend. (season 2-3; recurring season 1)
- Song Ji-in as A Mi, a model and the mistress of Yu-shin. (season 2; recurring season 1, 3)
- Lim Hye-young as Nam Ga-bin, a musical actress, Hae-ryun’s colleague and mistress. (season 2; recurring season 1, 3)
- Kim Eung-soo as Pan Mun-ho, Sa-hyeon’s father
- Kim Ameliia (season 1-2), Lee Hye-sook (season 3) as Kim Dong-mi, Yu-shin’s stepmother
- Noh Joo-hyun as Shin Gi-rim, Yu-shin’s father
- Lee Hyo-chun as Mo Seo-hyang, Pi-young’s mother (season 1-2)
- Lee Jong-nam as So Ye-jeong, Sa-hyeon’s mother
- Han Jin-hee as President Seo, Ban and Dong-ma’s father (season 3)
- Yoon Seo-hyun as Jo Woong, Dean of Chinese Medicine Hospital, A Mi’s biological father. (season 1-2)
- Jeon Hye-won as Park Hyang-gi, Si-eun and Hae-ryun’s daughter, Woo-ram’s elder sister.
- Im Han-bin as Park Woo-ram, Si-eun and Hae-ryun’s son
- Park Seo-kyung as Shin Ji-ah, Yu-shin and Pi-young’s daughter
- Shin Soo-ho as Attorney Yoon, Sa-hyun’s colleague (season 1-2)
- Bae Yoo-ri as Joon-jae, the Pan Family’s housekeeper (season 1-2)
- Yoon Hae-young as Ji Su-hui, A Mi’s mother (season 1-2)
- Hong Ji-min as Oh Jin-a, friend of Hae-ryun and Ga-bin (season 1, 3)
- Oh Seung-ah as Lee Yeon-hee, a colleague of Pi-young, Hye-ryung and Si-eun
- Shin Joo-ah as Lee Soo-jung, the wife of Yeon-hee’s boyfriend
- Hyun Suk as Mun-ho’s friend
- Seo Yu-ri
- April 2 (Band)
- Park Jun-myun as Audrey
- Lee Sook as Mo Seo-ri, Seo-hyang’s younger sister
- Hong Ji-yoon as a clerk of diamond jewelry store
- Lim Baek-cheon as a guest on a radio program hosted by Boo Hye-ryung
- Park Sang-min as himself
Where to Watch Love ft. Marriage and Divorce?
You can watch the show online on Netflix, as long as you are a subscriber to the video streaming OTT platform.