Megalobox Season 3 anime is a genre that is gaining popularity like no other genre recently and I am gonna talk about one of the most underrated sports anime of the last 5 years, yes I am talking about MEGALOBOX, a downplayed gem to its viewers. Megalobox is a Japanese anime produced and animated by TMS Entertainment and its subsidiary 3xCube. Megalobox was created in memory of the 50th anniversary of the boxing manga of Ashita No Joe and is directed by Yo Mariyama.
An action-packed sports anime set in late 21st century Japan, which has it all love, care, hatred, competition, and whatnot. Apart from being all that, it doesn’t lack that sense of excitement, and serotonin rush backed by the fear of criminal offenses.
Megalobox Plot summary
The story of this series follows a man, Joe using the name Junk Dog to fight fixed matches in fight clubs. One day he comes across Yukiko Shirato, the CEO of Shirato Company, and almost crashes into her due to which her bodyguard Yuri gives him a cold shoulder. Junk Dog picks a fight with Yuri which is stopped by Yukiko.
Junk Dog has a match with someone else the next day but Yuri shows up in the ring to fight him. Yuri being the Megaloboxing champion beats Junk Dog easily and then asks him to fight in the megaloboxing tournament “Megalonia”. To fight Yuri in Megalonia Junk Dog needed to be on the top of the official megalobox ranking as well as a proper citizenship ID to enter the ranking to start with. He is given 3 months to work their way up to the top of the megalobox ranking, which he ends up winning after which he travels across the country taking part in underground fights under the name of Nomad.
Megalobox Season 3 release date
The first episode of Megalobox was aired on April 6, 2018, and the first season was concluded on June 29, 2018. The second season aired between April 4, 2021, and June 27, 2021. At present Megalobox has a rating of 7.8 out of 10 on IMDb. Now, as far as season 3 is concerned there is no official statement for the renewal of the show. Although the ending of season 2 did leave us with the speculation of renewal of the show. You would be notified as soon as the news comes in right here on the latest series.
Megalobox Season 3 expected Plot
Towards the end of season 2, we witness a fight between Joe and Mac. Although the most critical part of the last episode was to observe the character development of Joe, a fighter who was once angry all the time, the one who picked a fight with Yuri and ended up winning the Megalonia is now fighting with absolute respect and excitement for his opponent.
He even wears the hummingbird gear of chief which is not only acknowledged by everyone but also by his opponent mac. Now we are hoping more development of Joe would be shown in the next season. More of the adventures and fights would be a vital part of the show as it has always been. All in all, we all hope that season 3 is as much of a banger as the previous 2 seasons.
Megalobox Voice Artists And characters
- Gearless Joe/ Junk Dog who is Voiced by Yoshimasa Hosaya (Japanese) and Kaiji Tang (English), is an underground Megaloboxer who is forced to throw fights to earn money for his crooked manager.
- Gansaku Nanbu who is Voiced by Shiro Saito (Japanese) and Jason Marnocha (English), Junk Dog’s manager, coach and a gambler with a drinking problem who keeps making him throw fights, even though deep down he believes in Junk Dog’s abilities.
- Yuri who is Voiced by Hiroki Yasumoto (Japanese) and Lex Lang (English), Yukiko’s bodyguard and the Megaloboxing champion.
- Sachio who is Voiced by Michiyo Murase (Japanese) and Erica Mendez (English), who is a young boy from the impoverished Restricted Area who is talented at using and fixing machinery. In the second season, Sachio, now a teenager, has become an underground Megaloboxer.
- Yukiko Shirato who is Voiced by Nanoko Mori (Japanese) and Erika Harlacher (English), the head of the Shirato Group who oversees the Megalonia tournament.
- Fujimaki who is Voiced by Hiroyoki Kinoshita (Japanese) and Jamieson Price (English), a mob boss that sets up fixed fights for Junk Dog and Nanbu.
- Tatsumi Leonard Aragaki who is Voiced by Makoto Tamura (Japanese) and Greg Chun (English), Nanbu’s former student. He makes his return to Megaloboxing 3 years before the start of the story and fights his way up to rank 17.
- Miyagi who is Voiced by Yohei Tadano (Japanese) and Jake Eberle (English)
- Mikio Shirato who is Voiced by Tatsuhisa Suzuki (Japanese) and Robbie Daymond (English).
- Mac “The Hero” Rosario who is Voiced by Atsushi Miyauchi
- Ryugo Sakuma who is Voiced by Chikahiro Kobayashi
- Marla who is Voiced by Farahnaz Nikray (Japanese) and Jalitza Delgado (English)
- Mio who is Voiced by Yumi Hino (Japanese) and Kevin Thelwell (English)
- Edison Liu who is Voiced by Masaya Fukunishi
Where To Watch Megalobox Season 3?
Season 3 is expected to stream on the same platforms.
I would say Megalobox is a big bop but at the same time it’s wildly underrated, it cannot be denied that the show deserves much more recognition and appreciation than what it is already receiving, what do you guys think of this
For more information about Megalobox and other latest series stay tuned.