Panic was a hugely awaited tv show for all the fans of Lauren Oliver’s young adult book from which the show has been adapted from. The dedicated audience could not keep calm for this thrilling and captivating read to hit the small screen especially when Lauren Oliver herself has been so involved in this American teen drama as a writer, executive producer, and creator.
The series premiered on Amazon Prime Video on May 28th, 2021.
There was a “panic” as there was an endless array of things to do in Carp, a poor town inhabited by a number of twelve thousand people in the middle of literally nowhere. It was summer and there was nothing to do other than this.
Heather was never considered someone who would compete even by her own self. The traits of fearlessness and being bold didn’t go with her according to her own image of herself. But when life puts her in situations and she finds the will and reasons to fight she discovers herself in a new way, her immense bravery and resilience. She realizes she can fight endlessly and is very strong when she has found the correct purpose for it.
Dodge on the other hand was never afraid of panic. His ‘secret’ fuels him and makes him survive through the game, all the way. He is rather confident about it but what he is unknown to is that he is not the only one with a secret and everyone is fighting for something and have their own hidden mysteries.
For Heather and Dodge, the game brings new experiences, many twists and convolutions, shocking turns, and a potential chance of first love as well. They learn together that sometimes what one has feared all his life might turn out to be what he needed and chased the most.
Everything about Panic Season 2
In August 2021, Prime Video discontinued Panic after the first season. Since then there has been no further news regarding the series’ future season. The first season did dictate a full story and felt like a limited series which could possibly be why Amazon discontinued the series. Also in spite of being a young-adult audience-specific series, the show did not turn out to be that popular amongst the youngsters compared to other content of the same genre.
So, hopes for season 2 are quite bleak unless some other platform decides to take the show and promote it for season 2.
Panic Season 2 Cast
- Olivia Welch as Heather Nill, a recent high school graduate who participates in Panic at the last minute, when her mom spends the tuition Heather saved.
- Mike Faist as Dodge Mason, the new guy in Carp, Texas who participates in Panic.
- Jessica Sula as Natalie Williams, Heather’s best friend who plans to participate in Panic from the start, but teams up with her to win Panic after Heather joins
- Ray Nicholson as Ray Hall,a legacy participant of Panic as his older brother Luke won Panic few years ago, Heather’s love interest
- Camron Jones as Bishop Moore, Heather’s other best friend and love interest who watches Panic instead of participating. He comes from a wealthy family unlike most of his peers in Carp.
- Enrique Murciano as Sheriff James Cortez, the local sheriff, whose son died in previous year’s Panic
- Rachel Bay Jones as Sherri Nill, Heather’s mother
- Nancy McKeon as Jessica Mason, Dodge’s mother and Sheriff Cortez’s mistress
- Todd Williams as Capt. John Williams, Natalie’s father
- Lee Eddy as Sgt. Christine Langley, a police officer who investigates Panic
- David Thompson as Daniel Diggins, the host of this year’s Panic
- Jordan Elsass as Tyler Young, a Panic participant who is also a friend of Ray’s and the town’s local drug dealer
- Maya Hendricks as Sarah Miller, Ray’s half-sister
- Cosme Flores as Drew Santiago, a Panic participant
- Leslie Ann Leal as Summer Calvo, Daniel’s co-host and the scorekeeper of Panic
- Stephen Dinh as Troy Van, a Panic player
- Kariana Karhu as Lily Nill, Heather’s younger sister
- Tatiana Roberts as Shawna Kenny, a Panic participant
- Bryce Cass as Adam Lyons, a Panic player
- Sharmita Bhattacharya as Leela Agerwal, Bishop’s friend
- Nasir Villanueva as Hunt Kenny, Shawna’s older brother who coaches her for Panic
- Ben Cain as George Moore, Bishop’s father who is a Carp judge
- Chris Zurcher as Max Slinger, a local freelance photographer
- Bonnie Bedelia as Anne McCarthy, a woman who offers Heather a job to work on her farm
- Moira Kelly as Melanie Cortez, Sheriff Cortez’s wife
- Tate Panovich as Myra Campbell, the best friend of Abby who died in last year’s Panic
- Madison Ferris as Dayna Mason, Dodge’s sister who is disabled due an accident
- Kerri Medders as Ruby Anne McDonough
- Walker Babington as Luke Hall, Ray’s older brother
All 10 episodes of Panic are available to stream on Amazon Prime Video.