Record of Ragnarok has just recently been available on Netflix, yet it is already succeeding well for the service. On June 17, the first season of the program debuted on Netflix. Some viewers have already binge-watched the entire season and are anxious to learn more about what the main characters will do next.
The fantasy-action show transforms a very high-concept notion into a traditional martial arts competition. Every 1,000 years, in the universe of “Record of Ragnarok,” the gods meet to decide what will become of mankind. This time, they conclude that humankind is beyond saving and must be wiped out.
Nevertheless, the gods decide to grant mankind one more opportunity in response to a request from the Valkyrie Brunhilde. 13 famous people from human history will only be permitted to live if they can beat 13 of the most powerful gods in the cosmos. The humans even get to utilize a Valkyrie that can change into a very effective weapon to even the playing field.
Record of Ragnarok Season 2- here’s all we know.
Table of Contents
Record Of Ragnarok Season 2 Release Date
It was revealed in December 2020 that Warner Bros. Japan and Graphinica will create an anime series based on the manga. The series is composed by Kazuyuki Fudeyasu, Masaki Saito created the character designs, and Yasuharu Takanashi wrote the soundtrack. It is directed by Masao Okubo. The Netflix-licensed show had its streaming debut on June 17, 2021. Maximum the Hormone performs “Kamigami,” the opening theme, while SymaG performs “Fukahi,” the closing theme.
The series’ second season was confirmed to be renewed in August 2021.
The primary cast members from the first season are back, including Yumeta Company, Graphinica, and Yuka Yamada, who wrote the screenplays with Fudeyasu. It will make its debut in 2023.
Record Of Ragnarok Season 2 Cast
- Brunhilde (ブリュンヒルデ, Buryunhirude) voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro; Laura Post: She persuades the gods to postpone the Ragnarok as the eldest and head of the Valkyries. She despises the gods and uses the circumstance to exact her vengeance on them.
- Göll (ゲル, Geru) voiced by Tomoyo Kurosawa; Anairis Quinones: Youngest sister of Brunhilde and aspiring valkyrie.
- Randgriz (ランドグリーズ, Randogurīzu) voiced by Aya Kawakami; Kayleigh McKee: one of the 13 Valkyrie sisters, number four. She transforms into a Halberd for Lu Bu in the first round of Ragnarok.
- Reginleif (レギンレイヴ, Reginreivu): the eighth of the 13 sisters of the Valkyries. In round two, she and Adam executed a Völundr while transforming into brass knuckles.
- Hrist (フリスト, Furisuto): the second of the 13 sisters of the Valkyries. In round three, she engaged in a Völundr with Kojiro Sasaki and transformed into the “Monohoshizao,” a dachi. The sword may reconstruct into two shorter blades as a result of Hirst’s bipolar personality.
Record Of Ragnarok Season 2 Plot
The Gods’ Council meets every 1000 years to discuss the fate of mankind. The gods decide that after 7 million years of human history, mankind is beyond saving and must be wiped off. The gods agree to host the Battle of Ragnarok, a competition with 13 famous people from history competing against 13 of the most powerful gods in duels to the death, after Valkyrie Brunhilde suggests giving mankind one more chance to show their worth. If their team wins the competition with 7 victories, humanity will be spared.
Each human is given a valkyrie who, at the risk of losing her life if the user is slain, changes into a potent weapon customized for their battle style called “Volund” to help level the playing field.
The appeal of Record of Ragnarok lies not only in the fact that humanity must battle well-known deities like Hermes, Ares, and Thor, to name a few, but also in the fact that the series allows humanity to select any member of civilization to take part in the struggle for survival over the course of time. As a result, characters like Jack the Ripper, Adam from the Garden of Eden, Lu Bu, and Hercules, to mention a few, serve as representations of mankind.
The official synopsis: “This mega-popular manga series with over 6 million copies in print finally receives an anime adaptation! Representatives from throughout human history take on the world’s deities in 13 one-on-one battles — and the fate of humanity is at stake! Bringing this intense world to the screen is Graphinica, the animation studio behind Juni Taisen: Zodiac War and Hello World, who have depicted many fierce 3D CG battles in anime such as Blade of the Immortal, Promare, and Girls und Panzer. A thrilling and transcendent battle-action anime explodes onto the screen!”
Where To Watch Record Of Ragnarok Season 2?
A violent new teaser trailer for Record of Ragnarok season 2 that just went viral online has indicated that it will be available on Netflix in 2023. For millions of fans worldwide, Netflix continues to release new and interesting anime programs every few weeks. Catch season 1 on Netflix.