‘Shadows House’ is an anime adaptation of the Japanese manga series Shadows House’ written and illustrated by So-ma-to. The Gothic manga was issued in Shueisha’s Weekly Young Jump in September 2018. The manga has a total of 11 volumes. Later, the manga was adapted to anime with the same title and storyline.
Table of Contents
Shadows House Season 3 Release Date
The supernatural and mystery anime ‘Shadows House’ was adopted from the Japanese manga by CloverWorks. The anime is directed by Kazuki Ohashi and written by Toshiya Ono. The first season of the anime was released on April 11, 2021, with a total of thirteen episodes. The audience became way too immersed in the anime and it received more than expected positive reviews. The final episode was released on July 4, 2021. Though the creators were planning to come back with season 2, they didn’t give any official updates or hints to the anime lovers.
A few months after the release of the first season, the creators finally decided to make the official announcement regarding season 2. On January 5, 2022, season 2 of the anime was officially confirmed via press release through Anime News Network. Though they haven’t given us the confirmed release date, they have made the official announcement that season 2 will be released in July 2022. Since the second season of the anime is not yet out, we can’t really make any guesses about the third season. Let’s wait for the release of the second season, after that the creators will give us updates regarding the third season. As of now, let’s wait for the release date of the second season.
Shadows House Season 3 Voice Artists, Cast, And Characters
The main characters of the anime are:
- The dolls, shadows, and adults. The living dolls are the servants of the Shadows The characters playing dolls’ roles include Emilico, voiced by Yū Sasahara (Japanese); Dani Chambers] (English). She is a Kate’s doll who is a kind, cheerful, and optimistic doll with the tendency to help people whenever the need arises.
- Shaun is voiced by Kōdai Sakai (Japanese); Jordan Dash Cruz (English). He is an intelligent and satisfied Living doll of John.
- Lou is voiced by Ayane Sakura(Japanese); Marisa Duran (English). A quiet, obedient, and beautiful doll, and is Louis’s living doll.
- Ricky is voiced by Reiji Kawashima(Japanese); Adam McArthur(English). He is Patrick’s living doll. Though he is considered arrogant and proud, he is quite sensitive and kind.
- Rum. voiced by Shino Shimoji(Japanese); Risa Mei(English). She is a shy and reserved living doll, who never converses with others, and she rarely converses with her master Shirley.
- Mia is voiced by Saori Ōnishi (Japanese); Emily Fajardo(English). A sassy and carefree girl who is Sarah’s living doll, and also she is second-in-command of the cleaning squad.
- Rosemary is voiced by Mai Nakahara(Japanese); Michelle Lee (English). She is Maryrose’s living doll, who is gentle and shy. She is the former commander of the cleaning squad.
- Barbie, voiced by Rie Kugimiya(Japanese); Elizabeth Maxwell (English). A violent and bad-tempered girl who is Barbara’s living doll. She is also the head of all cleaning squads.
Belle is the pair of twin girls who are the living dolls of Isabelle and Mirabelle.
Shadows House Plot Summary
‘Shadows House’ is a supernatural and mystic anime series that centers on the events happening in the Shadows House, where the living dolls are responsible for cleaning the soot emitted by their masters. Each of the shadows has its own allotted living dolls who take care of them. They all live together in a mansion in the mountains, far away from humans. When the Shadow-child attains a particular age they are allotted a living doll, more than a doll, it is their better half, a face that the shadow child might have had if it had a face.
Emilico is a young, cheerful, and kind living doll who is really excited to serve her master, Kate. Though Kate and Emilico are at both extremes in their personalities, Emilico does everything that Kate wants. As the time passes, Emilico mingles with other living dolls and gets to know their masters as well. She learns many things about the living dolls and the purpose of their existence. Emilico and Kate are closer to each other when compared with other living dolls and their masters. As their friendship grows, their curiosity to know about the mansion grows as well.
But as they wander around the mansu=ion, Kate and Emilico get to know many deep and dark secrets. One of the rules of the mansion that both Shadow child and living dolls should abide by is ‘Do not fret over trivial matters’ But both of them find it difficult to follow when they reveal more and more secrets about the place.