Jim Reynolds is the creator of the American comedic television series The Neighborhood. The program follows a white Midwesterner family as they relocate to a predominantly black neighborhood in Pasadena, California. Throughout the previous four seasons, the program has grown a passionate fan base.
Viewers from all around the world tune in to see new episodes of the program every week. Since the audience’s ratings and evaluations of the series are unfalsifiable, it has evolved into a comfort show for viewers.
So, it comes as no surprise that the show was renewed for a fifth season. Here’s everything we know about The Neighborhood season 5 so far.
Table of Contents
The Neighborhood Season 5 Release Date
A new season of The Neighborhood will be broadcast on television. All of the fourth season’s episodes have already been shown on the network, which finished on May 23, 2022. In January 2022, months before season 4 ended, the CBS network formally ordered a fifth season of the show.
The Neighborhood’s official Twitter account also informed its fans of the news, as you can see below.
Kelly Kahl, President of CBS Entertainment stated, “We’re thrilled to bring back television’s four most-watched comedies for next season, and I’m proud of the incredible team that maintains CBS’ position as the clear leader in comedy.”
It is hardly surprising that the show has been extended for a fifth season after receiving such a positive reception. Fans of The Neighborhood have praised the way the series’ characters and plot have been handled by the show’s writers.
The Neighborhood Season 5 is scheduled to premiere on CBS and Paramount+ on September 19, 2022, Mondays at 8/7c this autumn, according to the network’s official announcement.
The Neighborhood Season 5 Cast
- Cedric the Entertainer as Calvin Butler- Tina’s husband, Malcolm and Marty’s father. Owns Calvin’s Pit Stop, an auto repair business.
- Max Greenfield as Dave Johnson- Gemma’s husband, Grover’s father. He is a professional conflict mediator, a military veteran, and a graduate of Western Michigan University.
- Tichina Arnold as Tina Butler- Calvin’s wife, Malcolm and Marty’s mother. Aspiring singer. Worked the front desk at Calvin’s auto shop. Runs her own cupcake business.
- Beth Behrs as Gemma Johnson- Dave’s wife, Grover’s mother. The Johnson family’s decision to relocate to California is motivated by Johnson’s new position as principal at a private school in Los Angeles.
- Sheaun McKinney as Malcolm Butler- Calvin and Tina’s older son. Before an injury ended his career, he was a professional baseball player who progressed through the lower levels. He struggled to find a stable career until Marty helped him land one at JPL in season 2. He is appointed the USC baseball team’s hitting coach in season 4.
- Marcel Spears as Marty Butler- Calvin and Tina’s younger son. He works at JPL as a successful engineer with a variety of geeky interests.
- Hank Greenspan as Grover Johnson- Dave and Gemma’s son. Elementary school student.
- Malik S. as Trey- Malcolm’s friend. It was later revealed that his real name is Leslie
- Earthquake as Que- The owner of the barbershop that Calvin and Dave frequent.
- Gary Anthony Williams as Ernie- an old friend of Calvin’s who runs a neighborhood bar.
- Sloan Robinson as Old Miss Kim- a grumpy neighbor who enjoys the company of younger men.
- Chelsea Harris as Necie- a female boxer and Marty’s girlfriend.
- Sean Larkins as Randall- the mailman.
The Neighborhood Season 5 Plot
In The Area, a white family moves into a rough, predominately African American neighborhood in Los Angeles, where not everyone is amused by the “nicest guy in the Midwest’s” excessive neighborliness. That includes Calvin, their new neighbor next door.
The fourth season’s closing episode, Welcome to the Ring, which aired on May 23, 2022, is where the following season is anticipated to start up. Calvin and Tina worked with event coordinator Chika to organize a celebration that accurately reflects their future daughter-in-Nigerian law’s ancestry as Marty gets ready to pop the question to his girlfriend.
Major laughs and awws when Marty surprises Gemma with a HUGE ring, and she wanted the smaller one, leaving them both confused and surprised.
From precisely this point in the last episode, The Neighborhood Season 5 is anticipated to disclose where the overarching plot of the series is heading in terms of characters and stories. The tone for the current season has also been established by all of the prior episodes, which will encourage people to watch the program as the plot develops and grows.
The Neighborhood Season 4 Recap
The last few episodes of season 4 really set the tone for The Neighborhood season 5- and they did not disappoint.
The 20th episode of The Neighborhood season 4 brings Marilyn to our screens- Calvin’s overbearing and conceited mother pays him a visit to watch him collect the Businessman of the Year award. The evening is all about Marilyn, a previous prize winner, as Calvin had assumed. Calvin realizes he is more like his mother than he’d like to acknowledge. Poor Tina helps the mother and son hash things out after much tension.
While trying to get her school to educate her about the Tulsa race massacre, Gemma discovers that some parents believe their children aren’t ready to learn about the unpleasant aspects of American history. When Dave expresses his anger, in the same way, Gemma becomes even more enraged. Gemma calls a meeting, but regrettably, the parents decide against teaching about the atrocity.
The 21st episode is one of my favorites. The episode is very Two Broke Girls meets Bling Empire, as Nicki, a member of Tina’s old singing group, sleeps with Malcolm, and the group’s forthcoming performance is put in jeopardy. Despite Nicki and Tina arguing about who actually ended the band, Malcolm reassures Tina that neither side knew who the other was. In the end, Tina swallows her ego, and the concert proceeds as scheduled. In another scene, a clean-and-sober Crackhead Victor goes back to work at the barbershop, but he obviously forgot how to cut hair.
The Neighbourhood season 4 ended on a great note. Because Necie hails from a Nigerian family, the Butlers engage Chika (Gina Yashere) to make sure Marty’s surprise marriage proposal to Necie is in keeping with Nigerian custom.
A goat is one of the numerous dowry goods Chicka insists the Butlers buy for Necie’s family, and before Necie arrives, the goat decimates most of the other items. While everything is going on, Dave is reminded as he watches Marty select a wedding band for Necie that Gemma is still donning the little ring he bought her when they were strapped for cash. He surprises Gemma with a much bigger ring, only to be shocked when she longs for the previous one, surprising him as well.
The Neighborhood Season 5 Where to Watch
The Neighborhood Season 5 will likely be made accessible upon its release with all of the other seasons on all previous streaming services as well as on-air on the CBS channel on Mondays (8:00–8:30 PM, ET/PT). You can also watch The Neighborhood on Amazon Prime Video.
That is all we know about The Neighborhood Season 5 so far. Stay tuned to Latest Series for more information!