The action and supernatural anime ‘The Testament Of Sister New Devil’ is based on the Japanese light novel series by Tetsuto Uesu. It had thirteen volumes since 2012. The novel also had a manga adaptation published in Kadokawa Shoten’s Shōnen Ace magazine in 2013 and a second manga adaptation was published in Hakusensha’s Young Animal Arashi magazine in 2014. The story centers on Basara Tojo, a high school student, whose peaceful life gets messed up when he gets new cute and beautiful step-sisters.
The Testament Of Sister New Devil Season 3 Release Date Updates
The first season of the anime was released on January 7, 2015. It was directed by Hisashi Saito and written by Takao Yoshioka. It has a total of twelve episodes and an Original Animation Video. Season 2 was released on October 9, 2015. It was directed by Hisashi Saito and written by Sumio Uetake, and Takao Yoshioka. The second season has a total of ten episodes and the original video animation. The final episode of season 2 was aired on December 11, 2015. As it’s so clear from the release dates of the first two seasons that the creators have already planned the continuous release of the two seasons, both were released in the same year.
Finally, after 7 long years, there is a response regarding the third season of the anime. There is a hope that will be a season 3. Though we don’t know the official date of release of season 3 we can expect it anytime in late 2022 or 2023. But again, we haven’t got any confirmation regarding season 3. The creators have not given any confirmation that there will be season 3. But they are considering reestablishing. So let’s wait for them to make up their minds. Let’s be patient and wait for the official announcement.
The Testament Of Sister New Devil Season 3 Voice Artists And Characters
The main characters are:
- Basara Toujou, voiced by Yuichi Nakamura (Japanese), and Chris Hackney (English), the protagonist of the story, a high school student at Hijirigasaka Academy. He belongs to the hero clan.
- Mio Naruse, voiced by Ayaka Asai(Japanese) and Lauren Landa (English). Basaras new step-sister who is a Demon princess and heir of the former Demon Lord, Wilbert.
- Maria Naruse voiced by Kaori Fukuhara (Japanese)and Kira Buckland (English), another step-sister of Basara. She is a succubus and follower, and guardian of Mia.
- Yuki Nonaka voiced by Sarah Emi Bridcutt (Japanese); Xanthe Huynh (season 1), and Kayli Mills (season 2) (English). He is Basara’s childhood friend and a member of Hero tribe.
- Kurumi Nonaka, voiced by Iori Nomizu (Japanese) and Cindy Robinson (English). She is Yuki’s younger sister and a member of the hero tribe.
- Zest, voiced by Seiko Yoshida (Japanese); Jeannie Howard (English). A demon sends to earth to keep an eye on Mia.
- Jin Tojo, voiced by Keiji Fujiwara (Japanese); Kirk Thornton (English). He is Basara Tojo’s father and also the war God.
The Testament Of Sister New Devil Season3 Plot Summary
The story centers Basara Tojo, a first-grade high school student. His life flip-flops when his father Jin Tojo brings two new step-sisters, Mio Naruse and Maria Naruse, home. Jin Tojo is the war God and also the head of the Hero clan. On the other hand, Mio and Maria are from the demon clan. Mio is the demon princess who realizes her true heritage after the death of her father, and Maria is her succubus. The Demon Lord Leo’s heart is trying to kill Mio for the powers she has inherited from her father. In order to protect her from the demon, Jin brings Mio and Maria to earth and asks them to stay in his house.
Soon Jin Tojo leaves the house and goes to another country when the need arises, leaving the two sisters under Basara’s protection. First place, it’s really awkward for him to stay with two random ladies or the sudden step-sisters, and things get more complicated when he realizes that the two of them belong to the demon clan. On the other side, he belongs to the demon-fighting clan, the hero tribe. The two sisters force him to enter into a master-servant contract with Basara. When things get out of control, he agrees to sign the contract and becomes their master.
Imagine a succubus, demon princess, and demon-fighting hero staying under the same roof? Throughout the series, we can witness the struggle of three of the faces in the initial stages and when the series reached mid-way we can see them getting closer to each other. He fights the demon to protect his sisters. Other than the three characters, we can also see Yuki and Kurumi who belong to the hero clan, supporting Basara and helping him fight the demons.
Where To Watch The Testament Of Sister New Devi?
The anime ‘The Testament Of Sister New Devi’ is available to be watched on Netflix.