Was It Love? is a South Korean television series starring Song Ji Hyo, Son Ho Jun, Song Jong Ho, Kim Min Joon, Koo Ja Sung, and Kim Da Som. It premiered on JTBC on July 8, 2020. It is available for streaming worldwide on Netflix.
Table of Contents
Was It Love Season 2 Plot
The official synopsis of the show states – When four very different men appear in her life, a single mother who hasn’t dated in years begins to rediscover a love — and herself.
Was it Love? tells the story of Noh Ae Jung, a single mom working as a movie producer who has been single for 14 years. Despite having already given up home for romance, she suddenly finds herself embarking on an unexpected journey of love when four men enter her life at the same time.
The first man is her ex-boyfriend Oh Dae Oh who is a bestselling novelist and is described as a “charming bad boy”. He is irresistible to women, even when they know they know that hooking up with him will be a mistake and will bring regret.
The second man is the charming A-list actor Ryu Jin, who is described as “pitiful” even though he’s “great on paper.” Despite looking perfect from the outside, Ryu Jin has a surprisingly different kind of appeal as he hides his main personality from the general public.
The third is Oh Yeon Woo, a young physical education teacher. His mannerisms are cheerful and confident. He is said to “makes women’s hearts flutter” despite his young age. His undeniably pure-hearted desire to win Noh Ae Jung’s affection gains a lot of sympathy and affection from the viewers.
Lastly, Koo Pa Do is a former gangster who has now become CEO of a company called Nine Capital. He exudes manliness and aura as the “scary but sexy” former gangster. The flower in his hand hints at the warm interior underneath his frightening exterior. Finally, peeking out from behind Ryu Jin as an A-list actress, Joo Ah Rin, will add another layer of intrigue to this complicated “4-against-1 romance.”
Was It Love Season 2 Cast
- Song Ji Hyo as Noh Ae Jung
- A film producer who has been a single mother for the last 14 years with all hopes of romance lost. When four men appear in her life, it gives her a second chance to write her story.
- Son Ho Jun as Oh Dae Oh
- A bestselling novelist and a Hollywood screenwriter but his real self are hidden behind a well-covered mask around the general public.
- Song Jong Ho as Ryu Jin
- An actor with the nickname Nation’s Male Friend. When he was at university, he majored in theater and film. His popularity rapidly increased.
- Koo Ja Sung as Oh Yeon Woo
- A physical education instructor. His good looks and charming smile make him one of the most popular teachers at school.
- Kim Min Joon as Goo Pa Do
- He is a former gangster who started a new life and became the CEO of a Company called Nine Capital.
- Kim Da Som as Joo Ah Rin
- A top star actress.
- Kim Mi Kyung as Choi Hyang Ja, Noh Ae Jung’s mother
- Uhm Chae Young as Noh Ha Ni, Noh Ae Jung’s daughter
- Kim Young Ah as Gang Sook-Hee, a bar owner
- Seo Jung Yeon as Jennifer Song, CEO of Ryu Jin’s agency
- Lee Hwa Ryong as Myung Gwae Nam, Ryu Jin’s manager
- Jin Hee Kyung as Joo Bo Hye, Oh Yeon Woo’s mother
- Kim Byung Choon as Producer Wang, a producer
- Oh Hee Joon as Do Gwang Soo
- Yoon Sung Woo as Goo Dong Chan, Goo Pa Do’s son
- Baek Soo Hee as Choi Hye Jin, a first-year producer
- Kim Kwang Gyu as Hong Pyun, an editor-in-chief (Ep.2)
- Kwon Hyuk Bum as Mr. Jang
- Seo Jang Hyun as Han Chan Yeong (Ep.1)
- Choi Ji Yeon as Han Chan Yeong’s mother (Ep.1)
- Park Sang Hwi as a director (Ep.1)
- Bae In Hyuk as a novel swordswoman (Ep.1-2)
- Ahn Ji Hye as a novel swordswoman (Ep.1-2)
- Kim Ji Min as an event moderator (Ep.2)
- Oh Yoo Mi as a parent at a meeting (Ep.2)
- Ok Joo Ri as a sauna employee (Ep.2)
Will There Be A Was It Love Season 2?
As of now, there is no news for a renewal of the show Was It Love? for a second season. The ending of the first season is considered to be very conclusive for the second season to be required. Korean Dramas usually wrap up their stories in a single season. Thus, it is highly unlikely for the show to have a second season. That being said, the show has a huge dedicated fanbase that would love to see another season of their favorite characters. However, tv viewership was significantly dropping during the show’s run in 2020.
This could be another reason that the network is apprehensive to renew the show. Therefore, it is doubtful that the show will be brought back for another season. However, there’s always hope as Korean Networks are known for taking their time assessing the audience before renewing the show. For the sake of the fans, let’s hope for the best.
Was It Love Season 1 Reviews
Was It Love? has been rated 7.1 out of 10 on IMDB signifying that it has been received generally well by the audience and critics alike. The beginning few episodes have been praised for maintaining a good pace, good chemistry between the actors, and an overall good storyline. However post this, the show has been criticized for dragging on a few of the last episodes with not much being changed as most of the actions were repeating in a circle. However, the performances of the actors have been praised.
Where To Watch Was It Love Season 2?
Was It Love? is available to watch on Netflix online with a subscription.
Also Read: Fallout Release Date, Story, Cast, and More