‘Why Women Kill’ is a dark comedic anthology series that follows several women over several decades. The first season follows three ladies who live in a Pasadena home at different times in their lives and are all dealing with infidelity in their relationships.
Table of Contents
Season 2 News Rumours
Marc Cherry, the creator of Desperate Housewives, has recruited a new group of ladies who may or may not be on the verge of death for being so flawless, and ten more episodes of Why Women Kill is on the way. Season 2 of the dark comedy, starring Lana Parrilla, B.K.Cannon, Allison Tolman, Jordane Christie, Matthew Daddario, Veronica Falcón, and Nick Frost, will premiere in the fall. The second season takes a fresh approach to the topic of betrayal. It tells the story of a lady who will go to any length to get acceptance from others. If you’re looking forward to the second season’s opening episode, here’s all you need to know!
Season 2 What Will Happen?
Alma, an awkward housewife who dreams of more from life, will be introduced in the first episode of the second season, which will take place in 1949. Bertram, her sweetheart, is a veterinarian with a dark secret. Alma’s life will never be the same after she learns about her husband’s unsettling habit. Dee, the couple’s daughter, is a waitress at a neighborhood diner. One of the main reasons Alma would like to join the exclusive Legion Park Garden Club is to watch her daughter marry and start a family.
Alma will learn that she does not fit the ideal of a lady who belongs to the group, as much as she wishes to be a member of it. Mrs. Yost, Alma’s next-door neighbor, will make sure Alma remembers. This, however, will not bode well for the elderly lady, especially if Alma and her husband manage to silence her. Because the family will be starting a new life in a new home, they will have a lot of stuff to bury.
On the other hand, we’ll meet Rita, a jaded housewife who is waiting for her older, cruel husband to die. The two women will clash because she doesn’t get along with her stepdaughter Catherine. Rita is social royalty, but she has her issues. The opening episode will establish the tone for the season, which will investigate the concept of beauty and the price one must pay to be noticed. It will cost a lot more to maintain the façade once people go to great effort to display themselves in a specific way.
The Cast (only the main)
- Ginnifer Goodwin as Beth Ann Stanton, Rob’s subservient wife.
- Hartlyn Hilsman as a young Beth Ann.
- Sam Jaeger as Rob Stanton, an aerospace engineer married to Beth Ann.
- Sadie Calvano as April Warner, a waitress having an affair with Rob
- Lucy Liu as Simone Grove, a twice-divorced socialite married to Karl.
- Harmonie he as a young Simone grove
- Jack Davenport as Karl Grove, Simone’s third husband who is using their relationship to conceal his homosexuality
- Kirby Howell-Baptiste as Taylor Harding, a bisexual, feminist attorney in an open marriage with Eli.
- Alexandra Daddario as Jade, the bisexual mistress of Taylor.
- Reid Scott as Eli Cohen, a screenwriter in an open marriage with Taylor.
- Kendall Denise Clark as young Taylor Harding.
- Allison Tolman as Alma, a housewife in 1949]
- Lana Parrilla as Rita, wife of a wealthy man named Carlo Castillo]
- B.K. Cannon as Alma’s daughter who is in a secret affair with Scooter called Dee
- Jordane Christie as Vern, a private investigator
- Matthew Daddario as Scooter, Rita’s paramour who is also having a secret affair with Dee]
- Veronica Falcón as Catherine, Carlo Castillo’s daughter
- Nick Frost as Bertram, Alma’s husband who is secretly a serial killer with a stash of trophies.