The premiere date for The Boys Season 4, which was renewed on June 10, 2022, has yet to be announced, but the season began filming in August 2022. There have been no further announcements concerning the fourth season of the superhero series, and important details are still unknown. We know that Nathan Mitchell will continue playing Black Noir despite the death of the superhero in season 3. The Boys creator Eric Kripke said this replacement Black Noir is a “whole new, fascinating and hilarious character,” the opposite of the silent and emotionless Black Noir we have seen in previous seasons. The Boys Season 4 is expected to premiere in Summer 2023.
In the meantime, here is everything else we know about The Boys
The Boys is an Amazon Prime Video series based on a comic book of the same name by Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson. It was developed for Prime Video by the creator of The CW’s Supernatural, Eric Kripke, in 2018, and since then, three seasons of The Boys have been released, with a fourth season on its way. The Boys is about a team of vigilantes, The Boys, determined to bring down a group of corrupt superheroes called The Seven and the corporation that monetizes them. Amazon Studios produced the black comedy series with Sony Pictures Television, Kripke Enterprises, Point Grey Pictures, and other production companies.
About 25 producers and executive producers on The Boys, including Eric Kripke and Karl Urban, who also stars in the series; Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg, Neal H. Moritz, Michaela Starr, and David Reed. The Boys has been shot primarily in Toronto, Canada, since the very beginning of production.
Table of Contents
The Boys Season 4 Plot
The Boys is about a group of vigilantes led by Butcher, a civilian with an intense hatred for superheroes. They are determined to destroy a corrupt team of influential superheroes who abuse their power. With a powerful conglomerate called Vought International behind the Supes, it will be challenging for The Boys to finish their mission. The series tells a “Never meet your heroes” story using riveting scenes, plotlines, and twists.
The Boys is a fun and irreverent take on what happens when superheroes—as famous as celebrities, as influential as politicians, and as revered as gods—abuse their superpowers rather than use them for good. Intent on stopping the corrupt superheroes, The Boys, a group of vigilantes, continue their heroic quest to expose the truth about The Seven and Vought. This multibillion-dollar conglomerate manages the superheroes and covers up their dirty secrets. It’s the seemingly powerless against the super-powerful. – Sony Pictures
The Boys Season 4 Cast
The cast of The Boys is large, but here is the main cast categorized according to their groups in the series.
- Karl Urban as William “Billy” Butcher, the leaderTeen Butcher: Luca Villacis
- Young Butcher: Josh Zaharia
- Laz Alonso as Marvin T./MM (Mother’s Milk), second-in-command
- Jack Quaid as High “Hughie” Campbell Jr., a civilian tech specialist and a member
- Toner Capone as Serge/Frenchie, a French member
- Karen Fukuhara as Kimiko Miyashiro/The Female, a mute member with superpowers (super strength & healing)
- Antony Starr as John/Homelander, the leader and the strongest superhero in the world
- Erin Moriarty as Annie January/Starlight, light-based powers
- Dominique McElligott as Maggie Shaw/Queen Maeve, a veteran member with superhuman strength
- Jessie T. Usher as Reggie Franklin/A-Train, superspeed
- Chance Crawford, as Kevin Moskowitz/The Deep, breathes underwater and communicates with aquatic life
- Nathan Mitchell as Earning/Black Noir, super strength
- Aya Cash as Klara Risinger/Liberty/Storefront, first super ever made, several powers
- Jensen Ackles as Ben/Soldier Boy, renowned Supe with super strength and speed, thought dead until season 3, Homelander’s father.
Vought International (the powerful corporation in control of the Supes)
- Elizabeth Shue as Madelyn Stillwell, Vice Président of Hero Management
- Colby Minifie as Ashley Barrett, publicist then later, the successor of Madelyn Stillwell
- Claudia Doumot as Victoria Neuman/Nadia, two-faced congresswoman against Vought in the public eye but secretly a Supe.
The Boys Season 4 Release Dates
With three previous seasons and an upcoming fourth, essential dates in the production of The Boys are hard to follow. But don’t worry; we have created a table summarizing all critical dates of The Boys just for you. The table begins after Amazon Prime Video bought the rights to The Boys in November 2017 and ordered the eight-episode debut season on November 8, 2017. All eight episodes of The Boy’s Season 1 were released at once.
|S||Renewed/ Ordered||Filming Began||Filming Ended||Premiere||Finale|
|1||Nov. 8, 2017||May 22, 2018||Sept. 25, 2018||July 26, 2019||July 26, 2019|
|2||July 19, 2019||June 17, 2019||Nov. 13, 2019||Sept. 4, 2020||Oct. 9, 2020|
|3||July 23, 2020||Feb. 24, 2021||Sept. 10, 2021||June 3, 2022||July 8, 2022|
|4||June 10, 2022||August 2022||TBD||TBD||TBD|
The Boys Ratings
With many people rooting for the series’ great cast, storyline, and cinematography, The Boys has high ratings and many positive reviews that claim it is one of the best superhero series yet. Indeed, the show has won a Saturn Award, British Fantasy Award, and Critics’ Choice Super Award for Best Television Series in the past. See a complete list of its nominations and awards here.
The Boys Season 1, 2, and 3 have ratings of 85%, 97%, and 98%, respectively, on Rotten Tomatoes; 74, 80, and 77, respectively, on Metacritic, and an overall rating of 8.7/10 on IMDb. R-rated materials are involved in The Boys, including gore, violence, nudity, and sexual activity, so you should watch them at your discretion.
Where to Watch The Boys
The Boys Seasons 1, 2, and 3 are available on Amazon Prime Video. Season 4 is expected to drop as a Prime Video original as well. Amazon Prime Video is available in over 200 countries and territories, so wherever you are, you can stream previous seasons of The Boys now.