The plot of Dead to Me revolves around a friendship that develops between Jen (Applegate) and Judy (Cardellini) and is truly so addictive.
Liz Feldman developed the American dark comedic streaming television series Dead to Me, which Feldman, Will Ferrell, Adam McKay, and Jessica Elbaum executive produce. Christina Applegate and Linda Cardellini feature as two mourning women who unite during therapy in the Netflix series, which aired on May 3, 2019.
The sitcom has quickly become one of Netflix’s most popular comedy shows, with over 30 million viewers globally for the first season. Dead to Me has also been a significant draw during awards season, with prior seasons garnering 5 Primetime Emmys.
Here’s all you need to know about Dead to me season 3.
Table of Contents
Dead to Me Season 3 Plot
Jen and Judy, with the former admitting to Detective Perez to Steve’s murder, were now in the deep waters. But, after failing to locate the corpse, Perez let Jen go, reasoning that what’s one killing amongst friends?
As if that wasn’t horrible already, Jen’s son, Charlie, discovered a letter his mother had penned for Judy. The message not only reveals Judy’s role in his father’s hit-and-run killing, but it also reveals the pair’s fatal truth regarding Steve.
Steve’s body was supposedly discovered, and as Ben was driving, while intoxicated, to identify it, he collided with Jen and Judy, who were both in Charlie’s new vehicle.
The duo is expected to be okay, but Ben quickly sped away after having caused the collision, implying that there would be plenty of intrigue and drama to begin the season.
About Dead to Me Season 3 Cast and Crew Comments
With Seasons 1 and 2 focused on a different character’s secret—the first being that Judy was engaged in the hit-and-run that managed to kill Jen’s spouse, and the latter being that Jen did not truly murder Steve in self-defense—Season 3 is scheduled to center on someone else’s secret. Liz Feldman, the showrunner, stated that she knew where the next chapter would go based on how Season 2 concluded. She stated, “Now there’s somebody else with a secret.”
She stated, According to Feldman, she wants to continue exploring the “constant give and take of, Do you tell somebody something if you know it will hurt them?”
Thus the next chapter should be around Ben’s struggle with abandoning the accident, potentially harming Jen, with whom he was romantically involved, and whatever legal case ensues.
James Marsden even hinted at the prospect of Season 3 focusing on the piling issues in Ben’s life. He stated, “Not only is he maybe going to find out that Jen was responsible for his brother’s death, but he’s also guilty of a hit-and-run. And they were the victims of the hit-and-run. And his brother was guilty of a hit-and-run in the first season … I believe [Ben] does make a conscious effort to look at himself in the mirror when no one else is looking and do the right thing … but sometimes the forces can overwhelm.”
Dead to Me Season 3 Release Date
The program began filming in May 2021, but it was halted for a spell in August when actor Christina Applegate announced on Twitter that she had been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis or MS. She tweeted, “A few months ago I was diagnosed with MS. It’s been a strange journey. But I have been so supported by people that I know who also have this condition. It’s been a tough road. But as we all know, the road keeps going. Unless some asshole blocks it.”
After a brief hiatus, filming commenced in the fall of 2021, and it’s probable that portions of Season 3 began to go through postproduction at that time. The program had only three weeks of production left and was planned to complete in early 2022. As a result, we anticipate the publication sometime this autumn.
Dead to Me Season 3 Cast
The following faces will hold all the major roles:
- Christina Applegate as Jen Harding, a realtor whose husband Ted was killed by a hit-and-run driver
- Linda Cardellini as Judy Hale, a woman that Jen met at a grief support group who befriends her. Initially unbeknownst to Jen, Judy is the person who killed her husband.
- James Marsden as
- Steve Wood, Judy’s ex-fiancé who is an attorney involved with the Greek Mafia.
- Ben Wood (season 2), Steve’s semi-identical twin brother, a chiropractor, and Jen’s new love interest
- Max Jenkins as Christopher Doyle, Jen’s real estate business partner and friend
- Sam McCarthy as Charlie Harding, Jen’s older son
- Luke Roessler as Henry Harding, Jen’s younger son
- Diana-Maria Riva as Ana Perez, the police detective in charge of the hit-and-run case
- Brandon Scott as Nick Prager, an off-duty police detective whom Judy met at the grieving retreat
- Turhan Troy Caylak as Dr. Kaan Abaci
- Staci Lynn Fletcher as Nurse Maureen
- JusTina Lynn Johnson as a Detective
- Lana Danielyan as Bartender
- Goran Ivanovski as Male Mourner
That’s all we know about Dead to Me season 3 as of now. Stay tuned for further information!