If you’re a fan, I know you’ve been waiting for an update on the release of Grand Army Season 2 – and I don’t blame you- It is quite an amazingly crafted show, and deserves all the hype and love in the world.
Unfortunately, only a handful of people have watched the show. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but after just one season, things really do not look good for the show on Netflix. It’s not the end of the world, though- we see shows hopping from one platform to the other- so perhaps there’s still hope (a minute, single droplet, but hope nevertheless).
Table of Contents
Grand Army Season 2 Release Date
Don’t kill the messenger – but the show probably stands canceled. Netflix has confirmed that the show will not be taken forward, since it did make it to the top ten global list- but was not successful enough to get renewed. It took several months to come to this conclusion.
What might be a greater cause for cancellation is the controversy that revolves around the show’s production, which lead multiple cast members to quit, including a few important writers. This is due to the alleged “racist exploitation and abuse” by Katie Cappiello, the showrunner.
Netflix may have chosen to discontinue the show to distance itself from the shadows of this reputation blotching allegation.
What Could Have Been in Grand Army Season 2
The finale left a bunch of cliffhangers.
Joey has been unable to receive justice after being raped by her former closest pals, Luke and George. After switching schools to get away from the aftermath of the experience, it’s now up to Tim, who observed everything that happened, to assist Joey. If Tim testifies, Luke and George may eventually face the repercussions of their heinous conduct.
Leila is perhaps the most perplexing, bewildering, and complex. She was said to be the one fabricating a bomb scare, may be cheating on Omar with Joey’s rapist, George, and, although she stood up to her attackers, came across as bigoted. There may have been serious consequences for her activities next season, and if her participation in the phony bomb threat would have uncovered, Leila could have been been expelled.
Owen, the brilliant saxophonist, lost out on a once-in-a-lifetime chance to perform a solo at the Lincoln Center owing to his involvement in a hoax. Instead of delivering the saxophone solo, Jayson utilized the chance to display camaraderie with Owen by taping his mouth and raising his fist in the black power salute. We should foresee some very major ramifications from Jayson’s actions, and the force of his protest may inspire a big percentage of the school student body to rally in favor of Owen.
Sid never got the chance to come out and was outed by his sister’s ex-boyfriend. Season 2 would have focused on his sexuality and the young romance with Victor.
“This is speculation and my opinion, but I feel like he will only continue to grow as a young man,” Johnson said. “I feel like we would probably see Owen again because Jayson just won’t let their relationship go down the gutter.”
Potential Cast of Grand Army Season 2
Since Grand Army season 2 has not been confirmed, no list has been released. By assumption, here’s what we can say about the main cast:
- Odessa A’zion as Joey Del Marco, a high school junior from Stuyvesant Town who is also on the school’s dance team
- Odley Jean as Dominique “Dom” Pierre, a Haitian-American high school junior from East New York who is also on the school’s women’s basketball team.
- Amir Bageria as Siddhartha “Sid” Pakam, a closeted gay Indian-American high school senior from Jackson Heights who is on the school’s swim team
- Maliq Johnson as Jayson Jackson, an African-American high school sophomore from Spanish Harlem
- Amalia Yoo as Leila Kwan Zimmer, a Chinese-American high school freshman from the Upper West Side who was adopted by a Jewish Caucasian couple when she was a baby
- Alphonso Romero Jones, II as John Ellis, Dom’s love interest
- Thelonius Serrell-Freed as Tim Delaney, one of Joey’s friends
- Anthony Ippolito as George Wright, one of Joey’s friends who is on the Grand Army High School’s swim team
- Brian Altemus as Luke Friedman, one of Joey’s friends who is on the Grand Army High School’s swim team
Were you disappointed by the cancellation? So were we. Let’s talk in the comments?