Masamune Kun No Revenge’s Season 1 finale, which debuted in March of 2017, has been out for a little over five years now. Despite the fact that the first season of the series ended on a cliffhanger, leaving many fans with the hope that it will return at some point in the future, studio Silver Link has disclosed very little regarding the continuance of the series during the course of most of this period.
Finally, the official Masamune Kun No Revenge Twitter account revealed that a second season is now under development in April 2021. Unfortunately, this first announcement of Season 2 lacked a release date, disappointing fans of the program who were excited for this upcoming batch of episodes. Furthermore, as animation is a notoriously time-consuming kind of media, it’s doubtful that Masamune Kun No Revenge Season 2 will debut until at least 2023.
Here’s all we know about Masamune Kun No Revenge Season 2.
Masamune Kun No Revenge Season 2 Release Date
The anime Masamune Kun No Revenge has been renewed for a second season, according to the information posted on its official website and Twitter account on April 1, 2022. The fans were shocked and ecstatic to learn that the anime will be renewed five years after its final airing. “Masamune-Revenge Kun’s R” will be the title of the anime’s second season. For anime to be renewed for another season, there are a few key requirements.
The availability and acceptance of manga source material are at the top of the list. The manga is no longer being published, and its popularity has been dwindling in recent years due to time passing. However, Masamune-Revenge Kun’s appears to have succeeded in getting a second season approved because of its large fan base.
Masamune Kun No Revenge Season 2 Cast
- Masamune Makabe (真壁 政宗, Makabe Masamune) voiced by Natsuki Hanae; Josh Grelle: the series’ main character. Although he is now a lovely lad, he used to be an overweight child who was often made fun of. His childhood friend Aki Adagaki viciously rejected him when he confessed his love to her, giving him the moniker “Piggy,” which led him to go on various diets, undertake training, and alter his family name with the help of his grandpa. He is also determined to exact revenge on Aki. His “Dead or Love Plan” calls for manipulating Aki into falling in love with him before cruelly rejecting her. Masamune is conflicted over whether he should make amends with Aki when Yoshino admits that she was the true offender. In a twist of fate, Masamune finally declares his love for Aki.
- Aki Adagaki (安達垣 愛姫, Adagaki Aki) voiced by Ayaka Ōhashi; Morgan Garrett: Aki, who hails from a wealthy family and has a reputation for treating men brutally, She thus earned the moniker “Cruel Princess” (, Zangyaku Hime) from her peers. She supposedly rejected Masamune and called him “Piggy” when they were kids, which caused him to change and vow to exact revenge. She had a crush on Masamune when they were young, and it was subsequently discovered that this episode, which resulted in his departing without saying anything and devastated Aki, was the cause of her dislike of males. She claims that she never called him “piggy” in the first place and had never even heard of the moniker before when Masamune ultimately confronts her about the past. Aki tries to transform Masamune into the chubby child he once was when she learns his actual identity. Aki implies that overweight men are her style when she says that she considered his chubbiness “attractive” and generally a mark of riches. Aki makes the decision to make things right after reading Masamune’s words of retribution and hearing Yoshino’s remorse. After the misunderstanding about the retribution is resolved, Aki is forced to recognize Masamune’s sincere motives.
- Yoshino Koiwai (小岩井 吉乃, Koiwai Yoshino) voiced by Inori Minase; Monica Rial: Aki’s maid and aide are Yoshino. She comes out as a clumsy young lady. She may look awkward and timid, but she is actually quite cold and cunning, capable of hurting Aki without giving it a second thought. Yoshino, in contrast to Aki, acquired weight from sweets with ease. Later, it was discovered that Yoshino had pretended to be Aki eight years before, rejected Masamune, and dubbed him “Piggy” out of jealously over Aki’s fondness for him. Yoshino quickly realized, however, that her actions had made Aki hostile toward males. As a result of her sorrow, she tried to atone for her actions when Aki and Masamune met again in high school. She falls in love with Masamune while trying to set up Aki and Masamune. When Aki hears about this, she rejects Masamune and counsels Yoshino to act on her emotions. Masamune rejects her confession, and Yoshino becomes determined to get them back together. Aki ultimately admits her love for Masamune as a result of her and Masamune’s efforts, and they reconcile in the end with a kiss.
- Neko Fujinomiya (藤ノ宮 寧子, Fujinomiya Neko) voiced by Suzuko Mimori; Megan Shipman: Neko is a weak young woman from a prosperous household. In the second manga volume, she changed schools, and shortly after, she declared her love for Masamune. She continues to support Masamune’s decisions even when he rejects her affections. Later, it is discovered that Neko was once overweight as well and that she had fallen in love with him when they were young. When Masamune begins to question his love for Aki, Neko reminds him of the information he had previously forgotten. She confesses to him that she too is in love with “the man he is now.” She was given the moniker “Commando Princess” by Aki and Yoshino because of her habit of never wearing any underwear.
- The Futaba (双葉 妙, Futaba Tae) is voiced by Azusa Tadokoro; Caitlin Glass: Masamune’s class representative, who allegedly declared her emotions to Masamune once but was turned down since she likes BL. She kind of like matching Masamune with Kojuro because it’s her pastime.
- Kojūrō Shuri (朱里 小十郎, Shuri Kojūrō) voiced by Saori Hayami; Justin Briner: Masamune’s closest buddy is a male who appears to be a lady. He is smitten with Neko.
- Kanetsugu Gasō (雅宗 兼次, Gasō Kanetsugu) voiced by Mitsuki Saiga; Ryan Reynolds: A fat person who had previously identified themselves as “Masamune,” Aki’s boyhood pal. Later it is discovered that Kanetsugu is actually a woman posing as a man. To marry into the Adagaki family and alleviate her family’s financial plight, she pretended to be Masamune. Kanetsugu starts working part-time at the school when her actual gender is revealed.
Masamune Kun No Revenge Season 2 Plot
A beautiful, affluent girl named Aki Adagaki had a close connection with Masamune Makabe, a fat lad until she viciously discarded him one day and called him “Pig’s Foot.” Masamune changed his identity, started dieting, and worked out every day to become a fit and attractive, if conceited, high school student as retaliation against his tormentor. He resolves to entice Aki into falling in love with him before humiliatingly rejecting her to get revenge when he runs into her again and she does not recognize him. Yoshino Koiwai, a classmate of Aki’s and a servant, appears to be familiar with Masamune’s moniker and becomes an ally of Masamune in the end.
Where To Watch Masamune Kun No Revenge Season 2?
Also Read: Woori The Virgin Season 1 Ending Explained